All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread
9/12/2013 3:59 PM (edited)
Since I just got done realigning divisions for my All-Star game theme, I would like to see this feature changed. Its difficult to tell if you have all the divisions filled equally with the drop down boxes. The best way to align divisions would be to drag & drop teams into each division then you can see clearly what teams are where & avoid embarrassing error messages!
9/17/2013 12:34 AM
How do we know that WIS actually exists anymore?
9/17/2013 7:16 PM
Posted by seamar_116 on 9/17/2013 12:34:00 AM (view original):
How do we know that WIS actually exists anymore?
It's one guy with a credit card machine and a bank account.

9/18/2013 9:30 PM
"hello, my name is peggy"
9/19/2013 5:12 AM
One thing I've wanted to see for a long time is Open League players having season/career stats, like the players in multi-season progs and themes have now.  I know about Performance Histories, but I'd like more -- I'd like to click on an OL player's profile and see what each of his past seasons has looked like, and who has used him.  I'd like to click on the sortable Leaders link and see not just the current season's leaders, but all-time season/career leaders that incorporate the stats for all previous OL's.  
9/19/2013 10:17 PM
I would like to see an update and/or some signs of life.
9/28/2013 11:57 PM
I'm just hoping they get the 2013 players in the database by the end of the week!
10/8/2013 9:34 PM
I still have a problem with playoff fatigue.....There is no reason that a player on a winning team (A) who pitches or plays in a game five clincher should not be as rested as a guy who plays in the other leagues playoff in game 5 but their team (B) has to go seven....it is an unfair advantage to the team who struggled more (B)....Team A's  players and pitchers should be recovering during games six and seven of while Team B's playoff games are underway.  Relief pitchers, SP and platoon players are adversely effected in an unfair putting one team (A) in a disadvantageous position vs the other one the next round begins.
11/13/2013 1:32 PM
I concur. Players should rest when other playoff games are happening, even if their team has already advanced.
11/15/2013 4:28 PM
That already happens.  It's identical to TOC fatigue.  If your team wins the series in fewer games than your next opponent takes to win their series, your team will get rest for those extra games the other team has to play.  Your team only does not get any extra rest if you and your next opponent each won the preceding series in the same number of games or if your opponent won their series in fewer games than your team. 

For example, in an LCS situation, you and your WS opponent both win the LCS in 5 games.  Neither team gets rest before the WS begins.  (As opposed to both teams getting 2 games of rest because the series' COULD have gone 7 games.  It doesn't work that way). 

But if you win your series in 5 games and your opponent needs 7 to clinch, your team gets 2 games of rest.

The team that needs more games to advance NEVER gains an advantage from doing so.
11/18/2013 11:02 PM
Posted by skunk206 on 11/15/2013 4:29:00 PM (view original):
That already happens.  It's identical to TOC fatigue.  If your team wins the series in fewer games than your next opponent takes to win their series, your team will get rest for those extra games the other team has to play.  Your team only does not get any extra rest if you and your next opponent each won the preceding series in the same number of games or if your opponent won their series in fewer games than your team. 

For example, in an LCS situation, you and your WS opponent both win the LCS in 5 games.  Neither team gets rest before the WS begins.  (As opposed to both teams getting 2 games of rest because the series' COULD have gone 7 games.  It doesn't work that way). 

But if you win your series in 5 games and your opponent needs 7 to clinch, your team gets 2 games of rest.

The team that needs more games to advance NEVER gains an advantage from doing so.
not true at all....check your RP or starter next time you clinch a playoff game early...not talking TOC here.  Your pitcher will still be tired while the pitcher for a seven game series who pitched in game five will be recovered.
11/19/2013 10:15 AM (edited)

Here's an exchange between pinotfan and others from the Pet Peeves thread: http://www.whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=471690&Page=1&TopicsTimeframe=30

Posted by contrarian23 on 10/16/2013 2:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pinotfan on 10/16/2013 1:27:00 PM (view original):
One little peeve regarding rest/fatigue.  You should get rest in the playoffs if your team wins and the other series is still ongoing.  If there's a play-in game, all playoff teams not in playoffs should get a day's rest; if you sweep and the other series goes the distance, you should get 2-3 days' rest.  Seems simple enough.
You do get rest in the playoffs if your team wins in the playoffs and the other series is ongoing.  This is a common misconception, but the WIS FAQ in the knowledge base is very clear on this.  You do not, however, get rest if both of you win in the same amount of games, even if that number of games is fewer than the maximum.

For example, if you win the LDS 3-0 and your next opponent wins 3-2, your players get 2 extra days of rest.
If you both win 3-0, you do not get any additional rest, even though (in theory) both teams should have 2 days off before the next series begins.
OK, we can test this right now.  I've won my playoff series, and my future opponent is going to a game 7.  Christy Mathewson is at 85(100).  If I check after the PM1 game tomorrow and Christy is at 100%, I will issue a public apology to WIS! 

contrarian added this afterward:
"Your added rest may not show up until the next series is scheduled.  I will be shocked if Mathewson is not at 100% for Game 1 of your next series, but if I am wrong, I too will acknowledge this."

An update from pinot:
A gentlemanly wager, gentlemanly waged!  Two differing opinions, and each person offering a public acknowledgement if wrong.  Chivalry is not dead at WIS.

UPDATE:  the other series just ended, and Christy is still at 85(100).  Next update when the World Series starts.

And the verification from pinot:
So, the World Series matchup has been announced in the league, and ... I STAND CORRECTED!  Mathewson is at 100% to start this round.  It is with abject humility that I admit my error, and regret any aspersions cast toward munificent WIS.
11/19/2013 10:14 AM
So yes, it is true.  The rest isn't credited until the next series is scheduled though, so if you're looking at your pitchers before then, they may still appear tired.
11/21/2013 6:50 PM
Update! What update?

The last significant update to the Sim League Baseball program was in 2009. There have been many useful suggestions in this forum and they are not even acknowledged, much less acted on. This is an orphan product in the Fox WIS universe. This 2012 Update thread is testimony to that fact. 2013 looks like it will be year when we don't even get warmed over screen concepts for the "upgrade." I suppose it could be worse. WIS could just abandon Sim League Baseball. Of course that may be what they are doing.   
11/26/2013 11:39 PM
I don't think there's even anyone left at WhatifSports HQ to feel embarrassed about this.
of 5
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > 2012 Redesign Discussion > 1/14/2013 Blog Update - Suggestion Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.