Growing up a Yankee fan I saw a ton of Earl Weaver managed games over the years. I always admired his passion for the game and the fact that his showmanship rivaled Billy Martin when getting ejected from a game. This HOF manager should be remembered here on WIS.
100 mil cap
Yes to DH (He was an American League manager)
You can use any American League ballpark from 1968-1982, 1985-1986 (years he managed) or the 3 National League parks he managed in during his World Series years (Shea Stadium, Riverfront Stadium and Three Rivers Stadium).
25 man roster will be made up of...
- Earl was born in 1930, so choose one player from 1930
- Earl was born in Missouri, so choose one player born in Missouri who played during Earl's lifetime (1930-2013).
- Earl managed the Orioles in 4 World Series. Choose one player from each of the teams he managed against.
1969 New York Mets
1970 Cincinnati Reds
1971 Pittsburgh Pirates
1979 Pittsburgh Pirates
- Earl holds the American League record for ejections. Choose one player from the all time ejections list (Provided below - Most of these guys have player seasons available).
- Earl managed the American League in 4 All Star Games (1970, 1971, 1972 and 1980). Choose one player Earl managed in an All Star Game (must be the season Earl managed him).
The above rules will account for 8 players. The rest of the players will be made up of players that played under Earl Weaver. Earl Managed the Baltimore Orioles from 1968 to 1982 then again from 1985 to 1986.
***One exception is that you may twist one player appearing on any of Earl's Baltimore Oriole teams to any year of his career.