All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > yatzr tools - update 8/16 recruit action sch fixed
8/16/2013 9:57 AM (edited)
Update 8/16: An HTML change to the watchlist page broke the recruit action scheduler.  Here is a fixed version.
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/yatzr_recruit_action_beta_1.2.2.jar

Update 2/26: Here's the updated recruit action scheduler that broke when Role Ratings was added to the watchlist

Edit: The recruiting and recruit action tools are now available and working for the beta.
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/yatzr_recruit_tool_beta_1.9.3.jar
You will need this file to go with it
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/permTeamsBeta.dat
If you have issues downloading the .dat file, here it is in a zip file.  If you grab this one, make sure to extract it
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/permTeamsBeta.dat.zip

You can use your old towns.dat and config.ini files.  If you don't already have them, they can be found here
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit.htm

NOTE - I removed the donor only restrictions on this recruiting tool for beta.  I figured this would be a good chance for anyone who doesn't already have access to those features to try them out.  So this version includes all of the features of the normal version, but you don't have to be on the list to use them.

Original Post:  It looks like all current yatzr tools will not work with the beta worlds because the url structure of the beta pages is different.  I'll try to make an updated version when I can, but currently I cannot since I wasn't fast enough to get a beta team :(
2/15/2013 11:10 AM
Thank you, yatzr.  Hopefully he opens up another few worlds and you can get in soon.
2/15/2013 1:49 PM
I got a team in one of the new worlds.  I'll try getting a recruiting tool out this weekend.  The game analyzer will probably take awhile though.  I probably won't update the recruit action scheduler unless somebody requests it.  I don't know if anybody uses that one anymore.
2/15/2013 1:51 PM
If you need any help, let me know.
2/15/2013 1:56 PM
Posted by norbert on 2/15/2013 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Do you want to give me new GUESS formulas for all the position roles, using top secret knowledge of how the stats all work together?
2/15/2013 1:58 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 2/15/2013 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Do you want to give me new GUESS formulas for all the position roles, using top secret knowledge of how the stats all work together?
You can look at the default settings for the position roles, but I would suggest holding off on those as they may be changed based on feedback during beta.
2/15/2013 3:09 PM
You can now search recruits based on their total rating or rated using your position role ratings.  First, you want to make sure that you have your position role ratings set up.  You can use either the basic mode or the advanced.  On the recruiting search page, if you have selected a position you can then set whether you will see player's based on their Total Overall rating or one of your position role ratings.

For example: (using Advanced Position Roles)
Choose Quarterback position and then on the Overall Rating criteria allows me to choose from Total, Quarterback, QB Rushing, QB User 1.  I'm looking for a rushing QB so I select QB Rushing.  My first Order by will be by Overall Rating and then I want to order by Work Ethic so I select Then By Work Ethic.  When I search I will see players listed by their QB Rushing rating now instead of their Total rating.

Also, if you really like the GUESS ratings or have your own, you can adjust your position roles for them or use them in the extra User role setting for most positions.
2/15/2013 5:26 PM
I'm not requesting anything because I appreciate how busy you'll be working on the other tools, yatzr, but I definitely do still use the recruit action scheduler.  It's a great time saver for me, especially early in recruiting and when i have a large class to sign. 

After the game analyzer is taken care of and if others also still use the action scheduler, and more importantly, if you're bored   :-D  , maybe it could be something you could take a look at.  Either way, thank you so much for producing these apps and continuing to support them.
2/16/2013 3:12 PM
Posted by uneedusman on 2/15/2013 5:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm not requesting anything because I appreciate how busy you'll be working on the other tools, yatzr, but I definitely do still use the recruit action scheduler.  It's a great time saver for me, especially early in recruiting and when i have a large class to sign. 

After the game analyzer is taken care of and if others also still use the action scheduler, and more importantly, if you're bored   :-D  , maybe it could be something you could take a look at.  Either way, thank you so much for producing these apps and continuing to support them.
+1
2/16/2013 3:38 PM
This is cool!!!  kudos Norbert.... I love the collaboration between developer, yatz, hazelwood, and of course all of the coaches who are playing, looking and providing feeedback.

Already, this is a HOME RUN (sorry....had to use a baseball term.)
2/16/2013 3:42 PM
A recruiting scheduler????????????????
2/16/2013 5:51 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/16/2013 3:42:00 PM (view original):
Allows you to do all of your recruiting actions in one go (don't need to recruit player by player).  You've got the option of delaying when your actions are executed.  You can find it in the same place as the recruiting tool on the GDReports site.
2/16/2013 8:18 PM
Posted by mgm0461 on 2/16/2013 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Allows you to do all of your recruiting actions in one go (don't need to recruit player by player).  You've got the option of delaying when your actions are executed.  You can find it in the same place as the recruiting tool on the GDReports site.
Is that a Yatzr thing or whatever? 
2/16/2013 8:30 PM
Posted by Arfy on 2/16/2013 8:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mgm0461 on 2/16/2013 5:51:00 PM (view original):
Is that a Yatzr thing or whatever? 
yep, I made it back when the first recruiting cycle was only 3 hours and you could only do one CV at a time.  My tool allowed you to schedule actions which effectively made the first cycle as long as you wanted and you could do as many CVs as you wanted with a single click.
www.gdreports.com/tools/yatzr/recruit_action.htm
2/16/2013 8:54 PM
I don't really need it.  I was just curious.  Kudos to you though.  Holy crap that musta been some work.
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > yatzr tools - update 8/16 recruit action sch fixed

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.