2/18/2013 10:18 AM
Here you can make suggestions or ask questions about depth charts.
2/18/2013 10:42 AM
More of a question of clarity.  If I have a wide receiver that is best as all 3 defined roles (WR, Possession, Deep) which one will trump in the formation.  If I have all 3 designated in trips or Shotgun will my #1 guy be in the wide receiver role, the possession role or the deep role.
2/18/2013 11:05 AM
Posted by gliatta on 2/18/2013 10:42:00 AM (view original):
More of a question of clarity.  If I have a wide receiver that is best as all 3 defined roles (WR, Possession, Deep) which one will trump in the formation.  If I have all 3 designated in trips or Shotgun will my #1 guy be in the wide receiver role, the possession role or the deep role.
Position slots are filled in the order you see on the Formation Set screen.  So, for instance, if you have the 3 slots in Trips set to WR (default), Possession, and Deep, in that order moving down on the screen, and you have your best WR in the #1 slot in each of those depth charts, your #1 WR will fill that first slot, or WR (default) slot.

Also, since slots do not convey any "sides", like on the left or right, if you have this situation where you have one guy that is best at everything, you should set up your first WR slot with him in mind.  So if you really want him to catch the majority of passes, set that first slot up to have the highest distributions.  There will be some teams where using just the WR position role is enough.

One of the things I'd like to work on at a later date is to get more diverse players in the recruit pool.  Right now, it basically generates all players at each position with the same template (except maybe FB) and that means there's less specialization in the pool.  I'd like to see a little more diversity to where you would expect to see different players at the top of each of those depth charts.
2/18/2013 1:16 PM
As long as the use of attributes in play out come uses this diversity correctly

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.