All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > are player stats still 'Normalizing'?
2/27/2013 12:40 AM
Are player in-game stats still normalizing? if so is it in the same method as the current engine or is the beta normalizing in a new way?

Thinking specifically of BLK for OL, my understanding of the way things work under the current method is that it doesnt take a lot pure BLK for a player to get normalized to the highest-possible in-game value of 90, and anything over something relatively low pure BLK score is more-or-less wasted? (i dont have my numbers in front of me but i believe its lower than expected, say around 33 as the DIII all-position average for BLK, highest max = (total div ave) x (1.8) = in-game 90, so 3 players with BLK of 50, 60,  and 70 would each normalize in-game to 90 in the current engine. each of the 3 would play the same all else being equal.)

So if from reading some of the Anatomy posts, it seems that BLK is more important for a pass-blocking OL, but when I go thru and score/rank my prospects, am i mindful of such a thing as 'too much BLK'?

2/27/2013 11:02 AM
Ratings are no longer normalized.  The rating you see is what you get, so you don't have to guess if one rating is going to get "normalized" higher than another.
2/27/2013 2:47 PM
Posted by norbert on 2/27/2013 11:02:00 AM (view original):
Ratings are no longer normalized.  The rating you see is what you get, so you don't have to guess if one rating is going to get "normalized" higher than another.
That may be the greatest single contribution to improvement of the engine and functionality.  Kudos!!!!!
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > are player stats still 'Normalizing'?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.