2/27/2013 1:00 AM
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but are onside kicks included in Beta. I was going through play by play on a couple test games and both under 2min and trailing they punted away. It would suck in a game that counted to not have a chance to win late with a successful onside kick.
2/27/2013 4:44 AM
Punted? Do you mean kicked deep after a td? If so I have noticed this as well.
2/27/2013 5:37 AM
yeah that is what I meant LOL
2/27/2013 3:28 PM
I agree that Onside Kicks do not seem to be working in the BETA.
World = Romero
Cornell vs Whitworth - 2/27/2013
After a Touchdown bringing Cornell within 3 points with 9 seconds to play in the game and we kicked the ball away!

0:09    

Christopher Price kicks from the CC 35 caught at the W 7. Returned by William Brown for 18 yards.

10 13
2/28/2013 10:21 AM
I'll have to check on this.  I know when copying over the 2.0 engine to update for 3.0, I did turn off some decisions until I could work on them, so I might have not turned onside kicks back on.  BTW, it might not be evident, but the majority of the logic to play through a game and make decisions on plays are directly from the 2.0 engine.  I hope to at some point go over the list of issues we've had with this logic to update in 3.0.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.