Source: Hernandez being looked at in connection to Boston double-homicide
BOSTON (MyFoxBoston.com) -- FOX 25 has learned exclusively that investigators are looking into Aaron Hernandez in connection to a double homicide that happened on July 16, 2012 in downtown Boston.
According to the Boston Police blog from that date, officers responded to the intersection of Shawmut Avenue and Herald Street just after 2 a.m. When they arrived, they found three people had been shot, two fatally, as they sat in a car at a traffic light.
The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area.
Furtado and Abreu were sitting in the front seat of the vehicle when witnesses said the occupants of a gray or silver SUV with Rhode Island plates opened fire on it. The surviving victim was in the back seat. Investigators believed two others in the car fled the scene.
The source said that investigators were looking into Aaron Hernandez in connection to the killing.
On Wednesday, Hernandez was charged with murder in the death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, of Dorchester.
An investigation is ongoing.