3/19/2013 6:33 PM
I thought I had rushing working well and passed through some testing. Then I ran a test game and it seems the rushing is now ending up a bit high, but it's also hard to tell because my team on test has it's OL about 10 points higher in relevant stats to the Defense, so it might be okay rushing numbers.  I'm going to give it one more pass through tomorrow and will put the beta engine update out in the afternoon regardless.  I need to get you guys looking at real numbers again.

STARTERS - I found the problem with all-americans not running and it had to do with the higher levels not having any starters set, so no players got credits for starts.  In reviewing this, I am going to work on improving the starter logic.  What I am going to do is after a game finishes, I will credit any player with a GS that you have marked as a starter and meets the qualifications (played in the first half).  If you have less than 11 offensive starters, 11 defensive starters, and/or less than 1 kicker and punter, it will go through additional logic to credit players with GS based on their playing time.  It will also follow the rules for starters in that it will credit 1 QB, 5 OL, and a mix of 5 RB/WR/TE, and so on.  This way,  we'll always have the appropriate number of starters for each game.  The starter list you make will be mostly only needed when you have promised starts and want to make sure certain players get credit for the starts.

Plans after tomorrow for the engine - I'll continue to focus on rushing, hopefully getting some feedback after I put out the engine update, then I'll focus on passing to bring it up to speed with rushing.  Once that is looking good, I'll swing back around and look at receiving and scrambling.  At that point, we should only have minor adjustments and tweaks and not this whole re-working of logic stuff that I'm going through now.

We will also be working on improving the settings pages as well as adding some more standard playbooks to use.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.