All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > How will the beta be rolled into production?
3/25/2013 4:31 PM
Greetings:

I decided not to participate in the beta program, and thank everyone who is. Also thanks to Norbert and the dev team.

When the beta is ready to roll, how will it be released? Current engine will be replaced world by world?

Also, what about documentation? I assume the guys playing with beta teams will have an advantage over those who haven't, even if just because they are used to the new UI.

Thanks everyone!

JC
3/25/2013 5:32 PM
Posted by jc1796 on 3/25/2013 4:31:00 PM (view original):
Greetings:

I decided not to participate in the beta program, and thank everyone who is. Also thanks to Norbert and the dev team.

When the beta is ready to roll, how will it be released? Current engine will be replaced world by world?

Also, what about documentation? I assume the guys playing with beta teams will have an advantage over those who haven't, even if just because they are used to the new UI.

Thanks everyone!

JC
It will be rolled out world by world.

There will be documentation.

3/25/2013 5:48 PM
Once beta is at a point where we think it is good to push out, we will make an announcement of when it will be rolled out.  Each world will roll over to 3.0 once a full season has completed. We have not made the decision on whether there will be extra time added to the schedule to allow users to adjust but we'll do what we can to not make it such a sudden change.

When the 3.0 update is pushed out, all worlds will immediately have access to the Position Role formula feature.  This will not change any other feature but it will allow you to look at position roles and using them for recruiting.  All of the other features are opened up when the world rolls over to version 3.0.  We've added a version tag (i.e. "v2.0") at the top of the page to let you know which version your world is in.

The FAQ and Player Guide will be updated with the new 3.0 features.  I still have to figure out how we want to update these as we can have some worlds in 2.0 and some in 3.0 at any given time and right now there is no version designation on the FAQ articles.

We will also do what we can before 3.0 is rolled out to bring everyone up to speed.

All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > How will the beta be rolled into production?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.