4/2/2013 11:35 AM
1. How many seasons do you think we will get in beta before it gets pushed out?  We are in recruiting of season 2 beta now. 
2. Do you anticipate and major attribute changes? IE..The default position role recommendations...

The reason I ask is because I might want to start changing my recruiting strategy in the real world in preparation of the roll out.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else. 
4/2/2013 12:38 PM
1. I know there will be at least 2 more seasons, and I wouldn't be surprised if its as many as 4 more seasons although 1-2 of those seasons could be compressed.  I expect this second season to be about the play results, for rushing and passing, making sure those are pretty solid and we are seeing the effects from ratings and game plans that we want to see. No, I don't expect it to ever be perfect or else we'd probably be looking at about 20 beta seasons, but I'd like to see numbers come out of this second season that we all can live with.  The third season I expect to be about adding in the features that aren't there - penalties, injuries, and a few others.  Seasons after that should be tweaking results and working on some of the end game issues we have seen with the game, getting it ready to be pushed to live GD.

2. We haven't really looked at the ratings mix yet and I think that's partially waiting on me to get these passing updates in.  Once I get those in, I'll have a more solid set of ratings and mixes that I can share that we can all discuss and work on any adjustments.  So I do expect those to change between now and launch, but I'm not sure how much they will actually change.  I'd like to keep the ratings and what they affect a little more transparent, even if it's not exactly how much the contribute but that you know they do contribute.

So it might be a little premature to start recruiting for 3.0 in GD.  I would say probably within a couple seasons you might want to start looking at it, but I hope to have the ratings guide out before then.  Another way we could look at it is to not push 3.0 out until we actually get a solid ratings guide out and people have had a chance to recruit against those standards.

4/2/2013 12:48 PM
Good info..Thanks Norbert.
4/3/2013 1:03 PM
Just wanna say what a great job Norbert has been doing with the beta testing. And i think i speak for most coaches when i say it may take a few seasons before we can tell any significant changes etc. 4 or 5 would be my guess considering all the SIM players that make up the rosters in the first few seasons.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.