4/8/2013 10:13 AM
I see in my PBP a pass dropped behind the LOS is recorded as a Dropped Pass. That's actually a Fumble.

Also the logic seems to be a little off @ the End of the 1/2!
After the Punt is downed at My Own 2, my QB takes a knee (@ 0:36) & then calls a TO. And on 2nd Down @ My Own 1, he drops back to pass? Maybe if I was behind! But I'm up 21-0.
I was on "Run Clock" Clock Mgmt.
4/8/2013 10:33 AM
Several things there -

A dropped pass is actually a dropped pass behind the LOS.  It is a forward pass to someone behind the line of scrimmage, not a lateral to a player that drops it.  This would be like a screen pass that is dropped.

Not sure why we are getting the TO after the knee.  That TO should only happen if you are set to Conserve Clock, so I have to check what is happening on that. In 2.0, it sort of assumed if you wanted to conserve the clock and in 3.0, we let you set that explicitly, so I have run into cases where there is some code that hasn't made that switch and this is probably the case.

On your own 1, you will not be able to take a knee which was changed from 2.0.  This means you will run a play and that play is pulled from your playbook settings.

4/8/2013 9:05 PM
Yes that would be correct. My bad!
I see your point about taking a knee @ the 1 but I'm not sure why I would elect to drop back and pass. And I do have a pretty conservative set-up in that formation & inside my own 20. Maybe I'm a bigger gambler than I thought!
Thanks norbert.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.