4/9/2013 4:37 PM
In a passing play , how do you determine  or know if your passing to the side . Dumb question I know , but can't see anything on the formation set up that tells me if I am passing to the outside or not.
4/9/2013 5:32 PM
At this time, there is no real designation as to whether you are passing to the side or not.  When we work out of bounds plays into the engine, we will probably have a chance that the player would be near the side and possibly go out of bounds, and bump up that chance if set to conserve clock.  Other than that, there's really no benefit or penalty to pass inside or outside in any particular zone.  For short plays, we are always assuming a pass to the outside, similar to how it is in the 2.0 engine, so no sort of shovel passes and the flat is considered outside the short zone.  Yes, it would be possible to split out the zones into inside and outside, but the additional amount of settings it would require would add a lot more complexity to the game where some people already think there is too much.
4/9/2013 7:25 PM
Thank you Norbert . You explained it well . I understand and know what I have now.
4/10/2013 5:59 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/9/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
At this time, there is no real designation as to whether you are passing to the side or not.  When we work out of bounds plays into the engine, we will probably have a chance that the player would be near the side and possibly go out of bounds, and bump up that chance if set to conserve clock.  Other than that, there's really no benefit or penalty to pass inside or outside in any particular zone.  For short plays, we are always assuming a pass to the outside, similar to how it is in the 2.0 engine, so no sort of shovel passes and the flat is considered outside the short zone.  Yes, it would be possible to split out the zones into inside and outside, but the additional amount of settings it would require would add a lot more complexity to the game where some people already think there is too much.
+1

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.