4/10/2013 5:36 AM

promised start to player who is listed as starter but just got a note from him stating I am not starting him. took hit to WE

4/10/2013 10:12 AM
Is he getting game starts (GS) for each game?  Look on his game logs page in his profile.
4/10/2013 10:16 AM
Actually I looked at the email.  The player, Donald Hall, is not listed as a starter on the player settings page, BUT he is actually promised a start in Sophomore year, so I'm not sure why he is complaining.  That will have to be looked in to as that code should not have changed.
4/11/2013 1:21 PM
piggybacking a bit, i have the problem where no one seems to be getting any starts even though depth charts have been set.
4/11/2013 1:24 PM
This is part of the changes to Starters in 3.0 that fits under the "confusion" part. You have to designate the player as a Starter in the Player Settings.  This will be changing both in how players are credited with starts and how you designate them, but it will be a while before that can be updated.
4/11/2013 1:31 PM
ahhhhh, i totally missed that part.
i like the player settings page, lots of good info on %played. but definately confusing with the old depth charts.
4/13/2013 3:11 PM
Same issue here
4/18/2013 12:04 AM
I have a DB with a promised 75% play time.  I moved him to #2 DB and have him checked as a starter.  He did not get his 75%, and one game had 0%.  Again, I have him as #2 CB, and checked off as a starter.  I run 4/3 & Nickle.
ARGENTO/ Dabuque.

If I have missed the obvious, thanks for the feedback, otherwise i am just bringing it to your attention.
5/15/2013 2:29 AM
I like the player settings page too, but the starter designation requirement is silly. You're a starter if you actually start and play. As I understand this, you could designate someone a starter to satisfy a recruiting promise but NOT actually start or play him. That makes no sense.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.