All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Rushing still seems way too high? passing too low?
4/18/2013 4:32 PM

just from the Dobie DIII thru 6 games, there is 1 RB averageing 190+ per game.
there are i think 4 more averging 150-190, and maybe a 10 or so 120-150.

So far in Romero DIII thru 11 games there are atleast 25 averaging 190+ (might be more, the top list cuts off at 25). and 19 of themaverage 200+
it still seems like there is a lot of work to do to bring the rusing numbers down to the realm of being reasonbale.

and ill go ahead and mention the flipside:
in Beta there are 3 WR avering more than 90 yards receiving per game
in Dobie III there are at least 25 averaing 90+

interestingly tho, catches seem to be up in Beta: at least 25 WR average 7+ grabs per game while only there are only 8 guys in Dobie III averageing 7+ (and 6 of those 8 guys are on gimmicky 100% pass offenses)

So it seems like people are passing in Beta, but the yardage totals are way low, tied to the YAC issue i assume?

4/18/2013 5:43 PM
I'm in D-II Romero and my top RB is averaging 245 a game through 11, and the team overall is averaging 339 rushing per game.  My QB is only averaging a little less than 100 yards passing per game, and everytime I toy with raising it, it works, but I lose.  Right now, ball control seems to be the only way to win.
4/18/2013 11:00 PM
150-190 a game is not an issue.   200 a game should be possible as the current real life season rushing record is at about 220+ a game.   And there have been several guys who have hit over 400 rushing yards in one game.   It shouldnt be a regular thing but still isn't out of real life wack.
4/19/2013 1:23 PM
at all levels in the entire romero world, there are zero QBs averaging 300+ yards per game (thru 11 games)
the top few guys in D1-A & AA are averageing about 275 per game
In DII and III its more like 230-240 for the top arms.
4/19/2013 2:27 PM
I think the overall low passing numbers have to do with YAC.  I think YAC is still about 3-4 yards per rec lower than it should be, but adding those extra yards in there is more complicated than it may sound.  There's not just one spot to add 3-4 yards because it's all a combination of a bunch of things that add up to how much YAC a receiver gets on a play.  I have one thing on my list to update the receiving logic that I think will help with this, so I will add that in and see where we are after that.

I would also only look at about the last 3-4 games for passing yardage as that's when I put in the last YAC adjustments and I know the passing yards were way low before that.

All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Rushing still seems way too high? passing too low?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.