4/23/2013 5:18 PM
Put out an update:
  • adjusted YAC some more
  • added a little more detail to passing plays in PBP
  • fixed a bug that was preventing teams from trying an onside kick
  • adjusted minimum kickoff distance so really weak kickers stop kicking backwards
4/23/2013 7:22 PM
Too bad you couldn't fix all the BS upsets that happened in the first round of the playoffs. Ridiculous that so many lower ranked teams won in the first round.
4/23/2013 8:05 PM (edited)
It's BETA. It's FREE. Does it really matter? We are here to test the engine, observe any questionable play results and/or game plan/formation/depth chart inconsistancies, and direct them to norbert to be resolved. It's a work in progress. Be patient. All the stats/data we are accumulating will be wiped out when the engine goes live anyway.
4/23/2013 8:54 PM
Which is what I did. The results are questionable, so I voiced my concern. That is the purpose of BETA, correct?
4/23/2013 9:30 PM
Voiced your concern or whined like a little girl? Sounds like you're whining! lol Not to confuse with winning as you obviously didn't win haha
4/23/2013 11:59 PM
Posted by jfootball88 on 4/23/2013 9:30:00 PM (view original):
Voiced your concern or whined like a little girl? Sounds like you're whining! lol Not to confuse with winning as you obviously didn't win haha
seriously?  DID you not read your own " Norbert, Im tired of losing because I'm a loser" post?  Freggin hypocrit.
4/24/2013 12:30 AM
Posted by crcummings on 4/23/2013 7:22:00 PM (view original):
Too bad you couldn't fix all the BS upsets that happened in the first round of the playoffs. Ridiculous that so many lower ranked teams won in the first round.
You do realize that at this early point in beta, all the teams are on relatively even pegging, right?
4/24/2013 6:35 AM
yeah if you do the test game like I did I won 6 of 10, so losing to an 8 seed when I was a 1 seed wasn't that surprising.  I did lose by a lot, but my opponent was really tricky and adjusted his gameplan at the last minute LOL
4/24/2013 9:49 AM
Posted by crcummings on 4/23/2013 8:54:00 PM (view original):
Which is what I did. The results are questionable, so I voiced my concern. That is the purpose of BETA, correct?
No, the purpose of a beta is to allow people to vent their frustrations. Well done! Keep up the good work!
4/24/2013 12:42 PM

You can't pay that close attention to rankings/seedings. If it went as planned, then every top seed would win. Most of our schedules are full of sims so it's really hard to tell who has a good team or if people just know a system to beat the sims, thus achieve a higher ranking/seed. I think more humans are needed to get a more credible ranking.

4/24/2013 6:48 PM
All the smartass comments aside, I had the #2 SOS, and my WIS rank going into the playoffs was #1.  This isn't whining by any means.  That SOS and that WIS ranking should have gotten me past the first round of the playoffs. My first half game plan was just fine, especially on defense. He scored on a PR for a TD and a blocked punt that set up a FG.  He did not really move the ball in the second half either.

I posted what I posted because while I realize upsets do occur, there seemed to be a disproportionate amount of upsets and not just because I lost.  Either the formula to determine SOS and WIS rankings needs to be tweaked, or the game engine needs a tweak.

4/24/2013 8:24 PM
There are a couple teams that are just flat out dominate even at this early stage. FI, Loras in Bava is completely ridiculous. Took my team fully apart and I had a pretty good team in the final 4. My team, CNU, in argento has been dominate, and has dominated nearly every test game with the exception of those I'm doing now for the final game where the results are close. Going to likely be a great, defensive matchup in the championship of argento tonight/tomorrow. 
4/24/2013 9:36 PM
  "Either the formula to determine SOS and WIS rankings needs to be tweaked, or the game engine needs a tweak."

The rankings suck. Way too many times do teams with losing records and strong SOS inch up the rankings. Rankings should be based on who you beat, not who you lose to.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.