4/29/2013 12:10 PM
Are the out of position penalties in effect?

With the season roll over, I simmed some games against a team with only 3 OL on the roster.  Their RBs consistently run for >4 YPC running out of pro set vs a 44 with all 4 LBs on the line and trips vs nickel with both LBs on the line.

It seems the penalties are not turned on, the penalties are not severe enough or the performance based on talent differentials along the line are not high enough.
4/29/2013 12:16 PM
The penalties are only "turned on" for kickers, punters, and QBs - essentially kicking and throwing the ball.  I have to add them in for the other positions.  I do have to add in an additional mechanic for this as the kicking and passing can be handled on the input while the others has to be handled on each play - for instance, the rating for a TE blocking at the line is as it should be if he is actually in the TE slot, but should be docked some when playing in the OL slot.  This is probably more info than needed for me to just say "I have to add that in".
5/6/2013 1:54 PM
Has this been added in?
5/7/2013 8:13 AM
Are the penalties going to be the same as what happens when you change a players position?  When a players position is changed it seems the penalty gets worse the farther the player is along.  Srs get hit hardest. Or will the penalties not be a severe as they are only going to be temporary?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.