5/11/2013 1:00 AM
Posted by jibe on 5/10/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Everyone does realize that this "new" engine is just a rewrite of 2.0 right?

We should have known that it would be a mess of a train wreck. How insanely stupid not to have trashed that thing and started over from square one.

How do YOU know it is a rewrite? Norbert has stated that it is a step process different than 2.0. If you don't know for sure your comment is just ignorant.
5/11/2013 10:08 AM
Posted by katzphang88 on 5/11/2013 1:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jibe on 5/10/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Everyone does realize that this "new" engine is just a rewrite of 2.0 right?

We should have known that it would be a mess of a train wreck. How insanely stupid not to have trashed that thing and started over from square one.

How do YOU know it is a rewrite? Norbert has stated that it is a step process different than 2.0. If you don't know for sure your comment is just ignorant.
It was stated by the developer on the forums long ago and in a personal ticket to me that this is indeed a rewrite of 2.0. So yeah I may be ignorant but I know what I was told and what I have read.

Again we're playing a rewrite of 2.0. MESS.

5/13/2013 4:59 PM
I prefer 2.0 to 3.0. But I honestly haven't taken the time with 3.0. Every time I sit down and look at it, I get the same feeling I would if I were to sit down and read an academic theory paper on something I wasn't really interested in. It just *seems* more complicated than I'm in the mood for - and not much fun.

I expect the developers have put a lot of work into it, so sympathies to those guys, but right now my excitement meter for 3.0 is pretty low.
5/15/2013 9:24 PM
I'm still waiting for my game last night to start and it's 9:18 p.m!!!  Definitely more frustrating.  I think 2.0 is great.  3.0 is a mess.  I think Gridiron Dynasty is a great game and I love it, but I have tested several games against myself in the 480-460 score range!!!  That probably needs to be looked at.  Still can't test games consistently and it's 2 and a half years in.
5/15/2013 9:46 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 5/15/2013 9:24:00 PM (view original):
I'm still waiting for my game last night to start and it's 9:18 p.m!!!  Definitely more frustrating.  I think 2.0 is great.  3.0 is a mess.  I think Gridiron Dynasty is a great game and I love it, but I have tested several games against myself in the 480-460 score range!!!  That probably needs to be looked at.  Still can't test games consistently and it's 2 and a half years in.
You are right. 3.0 is a mess. Now the lead developer is being given better things to do with his time. That is how important this is to WIS and Fox Sports.

How silly is this? We are now doing a Beta on a game that in the words of its former lead developer has stalled. Just lovely.

This game now looks a lot like Clutch Race Dynasty to me. How many know what WIS did to that game?

We're seeing games where teams are scoring 2-300 points. Thats how close this Beta is to being done.
5/16/2013 9:33 PM
3.0 has the potential to be a great game. It will be more time consuming than 2.0, but I believe it will be more realistic and offer more opportunities for game planning.
I still say that all that had to be done with 1.0  was increase the QB attributes. This would have made the QB's better and offered more reasons to pass.
I said that before 2.0 was rolled out, but drew little interest.
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.