5/6/2013 11:33 PM
I'm curious if players drafted out of college reach their peak at a different age/rate than those out of high school. 
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ryan Rivers
 Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Angel Galarraga
Rivers is ex-college, Galarraga is straight outta HS. Even though Galaragga is 23, he seems to be slowing in terms of development. Rivers is 24, but can I hope for him to keep growing? Does it have more to do with years pro? 
Thanks!
5/7/2013 1:43 AM
Yes, players develop the most during the first three full seasons. After that most players do not improve much more than a point or two here or there.
I find that High School draftees tend to have the best chance at "extra development" past their third season.

I think Galarraga is done. He may still gain a point here and a point there over the next few seasons, but essentially done.
Rivers should have 2 more seasons to develop. My only concern would be his 42 Makeup, but he seems to have developed pretty well during his first full season.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.