Ancient Baseball cards and photos; how can I post? Topic

I know how to post images off the internet to the forums here (you right click on the image from the site, open it in a new window, and then copy and paste). 

But I ordered and just found in the mail today  CD ROM with dozens of old radio broadcasts of classic games, and in addition it has photos of teams and stadiums from pre-WW 1. But best of all it has hundreds of old baseball cards from 190-something. One is of Cy Young with the Naps, another of Walter Johnson etc. 

But I can't copy and paste them. Does anyone know how I can post something directly off my hard drive or a CD Rom to the forums here ? I would be happy to post a slew of these images but have not been able to so far. 

Thanks.
5/8/2013 8:16 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You can only post images on the forums from a website; they don't want to host images on their own servers, which they would have to do on a hard file.  You have to upload the image to some image hosting site and then link to it.
5/8/2013 4:18 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by boogerlips on 5/8/2013 9:20:00 AM (view original):
Sitemail Ooooooooooooodoghie. Or is it Oooooooooooodoghie? Hard to tell how many ooooo's.

5 o's like Hawaii 5 - 0. Was asked to provide a 12 letter username and was my recollection of Jed Clampett from television's Beverly Hillbillies, maybe more accurately well-doggies!!!

http://www.tradingcarddb.com/GalleryP.cfm/pid/2942/Walter-Johnson    Is the first page of the Gallery of Walter Johnson scanned Trading Cards at The Trading Card Database.

What is the Trading Card Database?

Welcome to the Trading Card Database!

The Trading Card Database serves as a community-created archive of the history of trading cards as well as a resource and channel for collectors.

Here you will find set listings for an expanding list of releases, including trivia, checklists, error cards, rookie cards, user ratings and comments, forums, plus images. The database is fully searchable by year, card manufacturer, player, or team and is growing by the day.

You can contribute your scans, reviews and general knowledge by registering. Earn points for adding things to the database and climb up the ranks. You can also use the database to track your collection. We are committed to providing the most accurate information, so if you spot any inaccuracies, please let us know.

Thanks and welcome!

5/9/2013 6:00 AM (edited)
prof...how about a link to where you ordered the DVD? Thanks
5/9/2013 7:52 AM
Thanks everyone. So I could post them on my Facebook page for example. seamar, I am trying to re-locate where i ordered it from but haven't found it yet, not sure why. I thought it was off of the website of Abebooks. 
5/9/2013 5:04 PM
I love that Hank Aaron Error Card.
5/10/2013 1:12 PM
Posted by italyprof on 5/9/2013 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Thanks everyone. So I could post them on my Facebook page for example. seamar, I am trying to re-locate where i ordered it from but haven't found it yet, not sure why. I thought it was off of the website of Abebooks. 
Facebook doesn't work well, I'd use something like ImageShack, as boogerlips suggested.  Photobucket works.  You could even create a flickr account.
5/10/2013 5:27 PM
Thanks elbirdo, that is it, exactly, not sure why I couldn't find it again with all the same keywords. Great work. 

Thanks everyone, it is a nice collection. I am grading this weekend but as soon as I come up for air I will do as you all suggest and then try to post a bunch. 

I love the ones that describe pitchers as "among the best spitballers in baseball today" and so on. 
5/10/2013 5:45 PM
Posted by kneeneighbor on 5/10/2013 1:12:00 PM (view original):
I love that Hank Aaron Error Card.
If you hold it up in the mirror it looks fine, though.
5/12/2013 8:39 AM
Thanks elbirdo.
5/12/2013 8:39 AM
Ancient Baseball cards and photos; how can I post? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.