All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > 1969 PROGRESSIVE EXPANSION TEAMS (filled)
5/9/2013 10:07 AM (edited)
We have no openings for American League Expansion teams for the 1969 season....
The Post War League has progressed from 1946 to 1968 and is adding 4 expansion teams for the 1969 season.  Two teams have already been claimed....

The league current has 16 members, by expanding to 20 we will have 4 5-team divisions with the 4 winners making the post season....

Available are....

American League:
Boston Red Sox
Kansas City Royals
Seattle Pilots
Washington Senators

Rosters will be created by first drafting 16 players from the existing teams in the league.....and then the last 9 players will come in the 1969 rookie draft.  We also carry 4 AAA players drafted after the regular draft has finished.

EXPANSION DRAFT:  Each existing franchise in the Post War League will be able to protect 12 players on their roster.  This is slightly more than a 25 player roster, the list also includes any players on the DL/IR for the 1969 season as well as their 4 AAA players.
Then the 4 expansion teams will draft a total of 16 UNPROTECTED  players from these rosters.  All existing franchises will lose 4 players each.  Once a team has lost its 4th player, all unprotected players on that roster are now protected for the rest of the draft.  All rounds of the expansion draft will snake, going 1-4 then 4-1 for each of the 16 rounds.

ROOKIE DRAFT:  After the extisting 16 teams make their final cuts the league will do its regular rookie draft of all rookies, free agents and cut players....The 4 Expansion teams will draft in the 1 thru 4 positions......the expansion teams only will draft in snake order 1-4 then 4-1, alternating in each round.  The 16 existing teams will draft 5-20 based on worst record and NOT snake as usual.

WHEN YOU PICK WHICH FRANCHISE YOU WISH TO BE, YOU CAN ALSO PICK WHAT PICK YOU WANT IN THE TWO UPCOMING DRAFTS: 

FRANCHISE A   (Taken)
1st in the Expansion Draft
4th in the Rookie Draft      

FRANCHISE B:
2nd in the Expansion Draft
3rd in the Rookie Draft  

FRANCHISE C:
3rd in the Expansion Draft
2nd in the Rookie Draft  

FRANCHISE D (Taken)
4th in the Expansion Draft
1st in the Rookie Draft

Some rule notes, the American League Only will bring in the DH-rule in 1973...We use the real MLB team names and stadiums for each season...we also follow franchise shifts, so Seattle and Washington will be moving shortly to Milwaukee and Texas...We hope to have all protected player lists in when rosters are final during our 1968 season at the 120-game mark.......we currently have 11 games under our belt....the Roster deadline is set for June 12th, hopefully the expansion draft would be held shortly thereafter.

Our league went thru a successful expansion in 1962 expanding from 12 to 16 teams....There will come losing seasons as you build your team from scratch.....All four of our expansion teams are now competitive with One franchise having won the 1966 World Series and followed that with 110 wins in '67 but went down in the LCS....if this is a challenge you would like to try, respond here or sitemail me if you would like to be an expansion team in our league.
5/8/2013 9:29 AM
oldschool62
To:
gwhouse
Received:
5/7/2013 7:33:00 PM
Subject:
RE: Expansion 1969
- 4th Pick in Expansion Draft +1st Pick in Rookie Draft Should be a fun league. Let me know when we are starting. Thanks alot.
Chris
5/8/2013 11:36 AM (edited)
Can I take Montreal Expos?  Franchise A
5/8/2013 3:53 PM
All yours ljemd, I would add something witty in French but Bon Jour is about all I know....
5/8/2013 4:47 PM
I'll take Boston & Franchise B
5/8/2013 5:24 PM
I'm in if you'll take me? Looks like we will take Franchise C and I'll get back with which city later.
5/9/2013 10:03 AM (edited)
Great to have you bottomlee and Raf.....This makes the four divisions as
NL East
Montreal Expos
New York Mets
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Cubs

NL West
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Francisco Giants
Cincinnati Reds
Atlanta Braves
Houston Astros

AL East
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Baltimore Orioles
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers

AL West
Chicago White Sox
Minnesota Twins
Oakland A's
California Angels
Seattle Pilots
5/9/2013 10:02 AM
Raf
To:
gwhouse
Received:
5/8/2013 10:34:00 PM
Subject:
RE: 69 Expansion
I think I'll take Seattle. They move to Milwaukee in 1970 right?

Jay

Yes, Welcome Jay
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > 1969 PROGRESSIVE EXPANSION TEAMS (filled)

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.