All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > MLB > DAVID ORTIZ CRIES LIKE A P*SSY!!!!!
5/10/2013 12:25 PM
5/10/2013 12:47 PM
it wasn't just a survey. it was 'everyone get tested- if a certain percentage of you (or more) fail the PED test, we will enact penalties. and regardless of what the pa says, enough players failed the test to start the penalizing phase. the union is ****** (rightfully so) that the names got matched to the samples and were made public (some of them).
if it was just a survey and no testing, every player would just say 'no, i'm not juicing' and that would be the end of it. sadly for the pa, taking players at their word would not be enough for the issue to go away, hence the tests.

at the time, mlb and the pa were denying that roids were a big issue. the players thought 'im not gonna stop juicing cause nobody is supposed to find out its me', so they took the tests and failed
5/10/2013 12:53 PM
i like this part the best:

“Third, in 2003, legally available nutritional supplements could trigger an initial

"positive" test under our program. To account for this, each "test" conducted in

2003 actually consisted of a pair of collections: the first was unannounced and

random, the second was approximately 7 days later, with the player advised to

cease taking supplements during the interim. Under the 2003 program, a test

could be initially reported as "positive", but not treated as such by the bargaining

parties on account of the second test. “

5/10/2013 12:56 PM
in other words, players could have tested positive from the first, unannounced test (which according to the pa is worthless cause it could have been a false positive). if that happened, we told the guy to stop roiding for a week when the next test would take place and hopefully the player passed that test so we can have the first one argued to be inaccurate. but even if he failed the second test we still say it was a false positive. so no player (even if they tested positive, possibly twice in 8 days) is allowed to have been categorized as a PED test failure
5/10/2013 2:41 PM
Did burnsy write that rebuttal?
5/10/2013 3:18 PM
i'm gonna say yes
8/2/2013 9:25 AM
8/2/2013 9:26 AM
"Waaahh!!!  I only swing at strikes!  I never swing at balls!!!  I have never not swung at a strike in my career!!!!"

Can anyone else say "Roid Rage???"

3/11/2014 4:47 PM
Waaahh!!!!!  I wanna contract extension!!!   Waaaaahhhh!!!!
3/11/2014 7:29 PM
Dang, Yankees fan?
3/11/2014 9:19 PM
Nope.  Pirates fan like you are.  I just happen to be stuck here in Red Sux country.
3/12/2014 7:04 PM
I like the Sox too.
More love. Less hate
of 5
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > MLB > DAVID ORTIZ CRIES LIKE A P*SSY!!!!!

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.