All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > why this sim cannot work (unless norbert is god)
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
5/14/2013 11:00 PM
I'm confused
5/14/2013 11:08 PM
Going top down was brought up in council but norbert felt the build would work better this way.
5/16/2013 3:32 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/14/2013 8:01:00 PM (view original):
it models plays sequentially one play phase at a time to the end of a half

but it reports one game half every twelve hours

it goes bottom up

when god built a mountain he did not try to get the quartz crystal right

he threw out a hand and a mountain was there

go top down dude

make it a poker game

hire stats monks and writers to back fill and make the distribution and description work

but get the game results right first

we are college head football coaches

we recruit, we coach, we game plan, we lie, we preach, we call time outs, we do crappy interviews, we try to keep the lid on

we get new jobs or fired

why the f*ck are you simming blocking and tackling
What's it like talking shop with god? I mean discussing the ins and outs  of mountain-making with the big guy...very impressive. And who knew he doesn't give a crap about the molecular structures of all this stuff in the earth?!? Thanks, bag!
5/16/2013 9:21 PM
What's it like talking shop with god? I mean discussing the ins and outs  of mountain-making with the big guy...very impressive. And who knew he doesn't give a crap about the molecular structures of all this stuff in the earth?!? Thanks, bag!

Probably about like Bag talking to his team as a college head football coach.  Non existant,  Unless his profile is wrong he doesn't have a team in GD.
5/16/2013 9:32 PM
Posted by iamthetwo__2 on 5/16/2013 9:21:00 PM (view original):

Probably about like Bag talking to his team as a college head football coach.  Non existant,  Unless his profile is wrong he doesn't have a team in GD.
He could have a Beta team w/o it showing up on his profile.
5/16/2013 10:06 PM
yup, a beta only, Saint Norbert in Craven

i guarantee when he wanted a mountain he made a mountain

if he had to pore over the chemistry to make the mountain he's just father time hitting the books and who wants to sit through that movie

come on norbert make the mountain

quit wasting your time trying to make atoms make molecules

skip ahead to the monkey scrum
5/17/2013 9:11 AM
So exactly how do you know that God DIDN'T start with the atoms and work his way up?
5/17/2013 11:08 AM
genesis 1:9

5/17/2013 12:37 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/16/2013 10:06:00 PM (view original):
yup, a beta only, Saint Norbert in Craven

i guarantee when he wanted a mountain he made a mountain

if he had to pore over the chemistry to make the mountain he's just father time hitting the books and who wants to sit through that movie

come on norbert make the mountain

quit wasting your time trying to make atoms make molecules

skip ahead to the monkey scrum
So god is this incredible entity capable of forming heaven and earth and everything in between but who just can't be bothered with the details? Seems a bit lazy. And kinda irresponsible. By that definition, there's no wonder he screwed up humans so badly.
5/17/2013 2:40 PM
It's not that he screwed up the humans so badly, it is just that when he got done making humans, WIS pulled him to another project so that he couldn't tweak them to make them better.
5/17/2013 3:18 PM
HA!
5/17/2013 3:21 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 5/17/2013 11:08:00 AM (view original):
genesis 1:9

Oh, OK. I always wondered who was around to witness that to get it on paper; I'm guessing now that YOU were the one. Right? Also, he did the atoms in Genesis 1:3.
5/18/2013 1:30 PM
"Formed our innermost parts"....I could quote scripture after scripture that shows that your idea that God didn't sweat the details is completely off base. 
5/18/2013 3:05 PM
Posted by noah23 on 5/18/2013 1:30:00 PM (view original):
"Formed our innermost parts"....I could quote scripture after scripture that shows that your idea that God didn't sweat the details is completely off base. 
What scripture doesn't tell us is how many gazillion years He and his son and the various angels spent preparing for when they implemented their plan.

I believe every detail was pored over. I don't need to look any further than how perfectly the human body is put together. Or how the Earth was placed in a perfect position in our solar system to support life. 2 miles closer to the sun and we would fry. 2 miles further away and we would freeze to death.

Happy Sabbath day all. The day that G_d rested from his work of creating.

of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > why this sim cannot work (unless norbert is god)

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.