5/15/2013 4:09 PM
Update pushed out 5/15
- fixed play results issues - it was a bug with the out of position penalty that was causing defensive players to get ratings of 0
- playbook copy and paste is implemented for both offensive and defensive playbooks - this is only to copy and paste from one part of the playbook to another, not from one playbook to another (which will be added in later).  Offensive playbook allows copying from one play to another and one entire down to another.  Defense is from one offensive formation group to another and one entire down to another.

In more important news, as you may have noticed that I haven't been as active in the past, I will be working with another developer, oriole_fan, to continue the rest of the beta and he will take point on the development.  I am still here and will still be helping with the update, but I won't have as much time from here on out.  The beta is taking longer than expected and I think we all want it to be good rather than rushed out, but it was starting to get to the point where it was stalling and we also don't want that, so we are getting a new developer that can spend his full time on getting the beta finished and pushed out.  Please welcome him and expect to hear more from him in the coming days.  Thanks.

5/15/2013 7:41 PM
Well oriole_fan, you will have some big shoes to fill, and I for one kinda figured that Norbert would get pulled prior to finishing what he and red have been doing.  Hope you are up to the task and have thick skin cause there will be plenty of coaches taking shots at everything that comes down.  Norbert, hate to see you leave like this but they (Fox) have probably put you on something they consider more important than GD.  Good luck. 
5/16/2013 12:45 AM
Hate to see you go to another project Norbert, but glad you'll still be around part time at least. oriole_fan, like two said, hope you have some thick skin. Plenty of shots will be taken but there are some that just want the best game possible and are willing to help by testing, giving input, etc. as much as we can. Good luck to both of you!
5/16/2013 1:11 PM
GD is back to being the red headed stepchild.  
5/16/2013 1:42 PM
Posted by slid64er on 5/16/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
+1

I wonder if we've ever stopped being the red headed stepchild. When the lead developer tells us the big long awaited update is "stalling" and we are less than 3 seasons into testing? Hmmmm....
5/16/2013 8:41 PM
Posted by slid64er on 5/16/2013 1:11:00 PM (view original):
Now it is a two headed (both red) stepchild
5/20/2013 10:02 PM
LOL ******* splendid....Someone new just what we needed
5/23/2013 11:52 PM
In more important news, as you may have noticed that I haven't been as active in the past, I will be working with another developer, oriole_fan, to continue the rest of the beta and he will take point on the development.  I am still here and will still be helping with the update, but I won't have as much time from here on out.  The beta is taking longer than expected and I think we all want it to be good rather than rushed out, but it was starting to get to the point where it was stalling and we also don't want that, so we are getting a new developer that can spend his full time on getting the beta finished and pushed out.  Please welcome him and expect to hear more from him in the coming days.  Thanks.

OK - It's been a week and not even a 'Hi - how are ya?'  Is this the the stall?
5/28/2013 11:12 AM
Hi - How are ya?

Sorry for the lack of response so far, I've been getting deep into the code and discovering all of the tricks that all of you already know. Also, I've been working on getting my permissions straight in the forums, and I'm now able to reply to all of you offerings. 

A little about myself, I'm new to the company, and I can see that you are all excited about that...wait, that's a thumbs down, not a thumbs up, darn. As for a thick skin, I do not have one of those yet, but I'm looking forward to you guys helping me with that.  

Anyway, I'm can't wait to get to know everyone and I'm excited to hear about all of your input that will take this game to the next level. 

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.