5/17/2013 1:12 PM
It looks like my defense has everyone triple covered..... and it just doesnt matter.  I am still giving up 80% completion rate.
13:04 Own 43 2nd & 5   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 4-3

William Olson takes the snap and drops back to pass. [Pass Defense - medium cover] Olson throws to Hernandez (Kelley, Gibson, Bender) at the LRC 47 (medium). Hernandez pulls in the catch. George Fleming gets a hand on Hernandez to bring him down at the LRC 47. 10-yard gain.

12:38 47 1st & 10   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 4-3

William Olson takes the snap and drops back to pass. [Rush Defense - medium cover] Olson throws to a covered Green (Smith, Fleming, Brown) at the LRC 41 (short). Green pulls in the catch. Green is tackled by George Fleming at the LRC 41. 6 yards on the play.

11:53 41 2nd & 4   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 5-2

William Olson takes the snap and drops back to pass. [Rush Defense - short cover] Olson throws to Hernandez (Campos, Gibson, Bender) at the LRC 30 (medium). Hernandez makes the catch. Hernandez is brought down by Raymond Gibson on a strong tackle at the LRC 30. 11 yards on the play.

11:29 30 1st & 10   OFF: Pro-Set    DEF: 4-3

William Olson takes the snap and drops back to pass. [Rush Defense - medium cover] Olson throws to a covered Gordon (Kelley, Gibson, Bender) at the LRC 13 (long). Gordon makes the catch. Raymond Gibson trips up Gordon to bring him down at the LRC 13. 17-yard gain.

I understand that on most of these plays we were in Rush Defense, but it still shows triple coverage on every completion, and they are still catching everything.
5/17/2013 2:38 PM
I have been thinking about this, having noticed multple receivers covered by 2 or 3 defenders and sometimes the the same defender.   Could the receivers be finding holes in a zone defense with the defenders listed being those within X yards?
5/17/2013 3:43 PM
The biggest problem to fix now is that as tigger noted, the D could DB's all over the WR and the WR's still catch the ball. INT and passes defended are too low for the coverage. Seems the engine is set linearly down the field so that pass defenders can cover the areas immediately around their depth (long pass coverage can defend deep and long pass routes) with no regard for field spacing (left sideline, middle, right sideline). May need some more work for the "orioles fan" to work on when he starts.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.