ORIGINAL DRAFT LEAGUE - Season XLIII
42 seasons completed and growing. WifS' longest running (BASKETBALL) theme league.
Rules are as follows:
1) No clones.
2) You draft'em you play'em (or trade'em) Drafted players are exclusive
3) Must start 5 of your 7 picks.
4) Serpentine draft, 1 player per pick until the 6th round. 2 players per pick in the 6th.
5) Rules enforcement is self policing.... Each owner is responsible to verify their opponent's adhersion to any rules listed. If a rules violation takes place, it must be reported/posted in the league forum before the 4th game (from which the violation takes place) is completed. Otherwise it will be considered null and void. Playoffs are excepted however we should discuss a rule before it happens.
6) No WW and No Rookies
7) Draft order (to select slots) is based on order of finish. (Last place from previous season can select the slot (1-24) they draft in. Each owner that follows (based on record, worst to first except playoff results) can select any slot not previously chosen. Teams that make the playoffs will be seeded 13th-24th for slot selection. Each of the losers from the first round will be ordered by record (using WifS tie-breakers if necessary) to determine order to select slots. This is repeated each round until the playoffs end. New owners are slotted at the end of the slot selection process.
8) Salary Cap = 47 Million
9) A posted pick is final. No changes unless the posted player was already selected. No changing picks to an undrafted player once the pick has been made. violating this rule will result in the loss of the second pick made and if the original pick posted is gone you will forfeit that one as well. You will repick whenever you log back in.
10) Sitemailing next and utilizing proxy lists are expected to assist in keeping the draft on track. If you know you may miss a slot, send a proxy and/or post a note in the forum or sitemail the commish. If you are in a rush ( a real, bonafide rush) that does not leave you with the 45 secods it takes to sitemail next, at least post you are not sitemailing next when you make your pick. Those posting proxies for others should sitemail next as well.
11) At the end of the regular season, your top five players in minutes played must all be drafted players