All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Adler...Anderson...Bueller...Fry...Oriole...Oriole
6/24/2013 11:31 PM
Oriole, perhaps I'm naive but I'll take you at your word that you are working on the Beta. But, you have to know by now that your lack of communication of late is starting to cause the troops to get a little irritable. There are a lot of coaches investing time and energy in the beta. I, like many enjoy this game and want to see it continue to improve. But I must admit, I'm losing faith in the beta and would like for you to give us an honest assessment on where this ship is heading.

I don't expect you to respond to every post, but throwing us a bone occasionally would be nice. I consider myself an eternal optimist who prefers to give others the benefit of the doubt. I say this because if you are starting to lose me, you've likely lost the vast majority.

Show you care about your customers, Oriole, and communicate. We realize not everything is going to be rosy. We're adults and can take the truth. But, when you don't communicate, we assume the worst and we assume you/WIS don't care.

6/25/2013 12:40 AM
+1,000
6/25/2013 1:19 AM
chetty1963 - Oriole, perhaps I'm naive but I'll take you at your word that you are working on the Beta. But, you have to know by now that your lack of communication of late is starting to cause the troops to get a little irritable. There are a lot of coaches investing time and energy (and money keeping our 2.0 teams  - waiting for ?) in the beta. I, like many enjoy this game and want to see it continue to improve. But I must admit, I'm losing faith in the beta and would like for you to give us an honest assessment on where this ship is heading.

6/25/2013 9:32 AM
I get that. I know the investment that you are making, and I know that the time I have is limited. I/WIS have been in some meetings to scrutinize both the engine and the game play of the 3.0 version. Personally I'm at a point right now where I'm working on balancing the engine and trying to figure out a smoother transition for people to understand the game. While the latest versions of the game have taken on an in depth and highly modifiable approach it has also added a level of complexity for each user. We are looking to make this game have that responsiveness to the desired attention of each individual but also allow people to flow through the game more easily. 

As for the engine, I'm making a sweeping change to how we organize our knobs and controllers. I know it's not glamorous for you guys, and I do apologize for the lack of response on the forums, but again, I assure you that I'm giving this game my undivided attention. 

Also, I've modified the passing to allow the Quarterback to be fatigued more from throwing the deep pass, and for that fatigue to affect the percentages of completions. I've also modified the matchups to be bounce the other way a little. I'll have a more in depth post when I have tested this thoroughly and push it to the beta. 

6/28/2013 7:59 AM
UHHHH... matchups to bounce the other way more???  IMO, matchups are already "bouncing the other way" too much as it is.  Talent is not mattering enough already, but maybe I'm just misunderstanding your verbage here.
6/28/2013 11:55 AM
Posted by oriole_fan on 6/25/2013 9:32:00 AM (view original):
I get that. I know the investment that you are making, and I know that the time I have is limited. I/WIS have been in some meetings to scrutinize both the engine and the game play of the 3.0 version. Personally I'm at a point right now where I'm working on balancing the engine and trying to figure out a smoother transition for people to understand the game. While the latest versions of the game have taken on an in depth and highly modifiable approach it has also added a level of complexity for each user. We are looking to make this game have that responsiveness to the desired attention of each individual but also allow people to flow through the game more easily. 

As for the engine, I'm making a sweeping change to how we organize our knobs and controllers. I know it's not glamorous for you guys, and I do apologize for the lack of response on the forums, but again, I assure you that I'm giving this game my undivided attention. 

Also, I've modified the passing to allow the Quarterback to be fatigued more from throwing the deep pass, and for that fatigue to affect the percentages of completions. I've also modified the matchups to be bounce the other way a little. I'll have a more in depth post when I have tested this thoroughly and push it to the beta. 

When you test, please test with both evenly matched teams, teams with 10+ difference in cores and +5 difference in cores.  There should be very distinct differences in these three cohorts or the change wasn't effective and shouldn't be rolled out.
6/28/2013 12:39 PM
One thing you absolutely must test is to see if attributes are affecting play outcomes.  I've seen terrible QBs put up monster numbers throwing to crappy WRs.  I've sen below average RBs rush successfully behind awful OLs even when faced with strong DLs.  Until you fix this fundamental problem, you're putting lipstick on a pig.
7/5/2013 12:58 AM
Oriole, do you have any updates to share?  As I said, a little more communication would be helpful.  While I'm unsure on what Norbert's technical abilities were, I do give him credit for his communication skills.  I don't think you need to respond to every inquiry, but even a weekly update would be helpful.  You've got a lot of passionate coaches willing to help test, but you need to give them direction on where you need help and communicate your plan.

7/7/2013 12:13 AM
Oriole, it would be nice to hear from you every once in awhile, and to have an update on your plan for 3.0. 

I don't think anyone blames the troubles on 3.0 on you, but we are counting on your to share a vision for what you have in mind.  You've got hundreds of coaches chomping at the bit to help test the engine, but it's hard to stay interested when we hear nothing from you or anyone at WIS.

Is this thing dead?  If so, tell us the truth, so we don't waste any further time.  Thank you.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Adler...Anderson...Bueller...Fry...Oriole...Oriole

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.