All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > Would you resign this guy?
6/25/2013 4:08 PM
 This guy has been a great pitcher, with a career era of 3.00 and an awesome whip, but he's asking for a 3 year deal, 6.250 mil a year. It seems way too much and too long at this point in his career. What are your thoughts?

www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx
6/25/2013 4:21 PM
No take the picks
6/25/2013 4:23 PM
I don't like that his ratings are already declining pretty quickly.  I'd let him go.
6/25/2013 4:46 PM
I don't see it as being that cut and dried. If you are a contender you keep him unless you can replace a 1.20 to 1.25 Whip and a 3.50 ERA for the same money. If you are not then you take the picks.
6/25/2013 5:04 PM
High training will slow his decline.   Get it to 20m.   Then, if you need his production, pay the man.  If you don't, let him walk.   6.2m isn't a crazy salary.  Or, if you want to know what I'd do, I'd wait til rollover and see what he wants.  If he declines, it will be less and he won't walk.
6/25/2013 5:12 PM
By the season 7 playoffs he will no longer be a significantly better than average pitcher.  By season 8 playoffs he will be essentially unusable.  Pass, unless he lowers his demands to one year over the offseason, in which case you can think about it. 
6/25/2013 7:07 PM
Thanks guys. If I don't get a good trade offer, I was leaning towards waiting for roll over and see if his demands came down. It's possible I can use him in my bullpen next season, unless he declines a lot, but I'd be surprised if that happens. I will put training at 20
6/26/2013 7:41 PM
I'd wait until rollover. His ratings will come down, so will his demands. So might your interest in him.
You might be able to sign him for 2 years, even if he's asking for three, which I'd probably be happy with.

Also, other owners might be spooked by his ratings decline - perhaps you can sign him for a bargain later in FA if you have flexibility.
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > Would you resign this guy?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.