All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > oriole_fan, how about a version vote?
6/26/2013 8:20 PM
Since we have been testing v3 since Feb, and in my opinion, for various reasons, have not gained an inch in it's completion, I have a suggestion. From what I have read, and heard, from other coaches, some are looking forward to v3, while others want to stay with v2 or go back to v1. It seems that returning to v1 is impossible, is that correct? This bickering back and forth, changing this today and changing that tomorrow, and testing to no avail, will go on forever, with no positive results in the foreseeable future.
Why can't we have a vote and end this dilemma once and for all? I suggest that you put a notice on every coaches' conference corner, and in every world's forum, announcing a vote to take place to decide on v2 or v3. Leave the vote open for a week. All coaches with a set number of GD seasons would be eligible to vote. (I don't think that some newbie that doesn't even understand how v2 works should have a voice). Everyone eligible would have 1 (ONE) vote. From what I understand, if WIS stays with v2, a lot of coaches will leave. And if v3 is implemented, a lot of coaches will also leave. So it is a no win situation for FOX, they will lose money either way. It was someone's idea at WIS to build v3, and it has failed miserably. Have the vote, and for once let the paying customers decide, abide by the results and move on. If v2 wins, scrap v3 forever. If v3 wins, go hell bent to get it installed properly. But, working on it for another 4 months with no results is not going to be acceptable to anyone. If v2 wins, and the masses want some tweaks, tweak it, if that can, and must be done once and for all in a timely fashion.
Let me say that I am really tired of all this indecision.  I've got no ax to grind with either version. I've been playing GD since 2005. Now played 5,607 games with 40 NCs + 56 beta games with 1 NC. I obviously have been very lucky at v1, v2, and v3. 
I think that we all would like to have a decision made,and get on with it. The direction of the last 4 months is not the way to go.
6/26/2013 10:05 PM
V2 for me. Thought I had a grip on V3, until this most recent tweaking of the passing game. Now I feel like I'm back to square one.
6/26/2013 10:18 PM
How can we possibly hold a vote on something that isn't even finished? cebrake, think about it. You're asking for a vote on 3.0 when 3.0 doesn't even exist yet. of course 2.0 is better right now. Why not wait until we have a 3.0, then vote?
6/26/2013 11:47 PM
+1 cebrake
6/26/2013 11:59 PM
I vote for Version 3.  Start over and work through it.  It was on the right track and then went bad.  Version 2 is not very good, though I understand some like it.   
6/27/2013 12:01 AM
It's like choosing between bunda or death by bunda.
6/27/2013 12:28 AM
Version one was so boring to me!!!  Version 2 is close, but still too simple.  Version 3 is poor execution of the game I WANT to play.
6/27/2013 12:54 AM
I remember 2.0 when it first came out - it was terrible! And it was live! I agree with coach deen - before we vote let's at least have a finished product to compare.
6/27/2013 8:50 AM
Just when do you expect v3 to be finished? 2015? It's speedy track record leaves a great deal to be desired.
6/27/2013 11:27 AM
2.0 was never finished though. We play it 'cuz that's all we got. No matter when 3.0 is done, 2.0 still sucks.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > oriole_fan, how about a version vote?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.