7/2/2013 6:57 AM (edited)
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=103263

Stumbled across this gem.

Down 55-27 with ten minutes left, many thought East Stroudsburg would throw in the towel. But, QB Robert Proctor gave the most inspirational mid-quarter speech in football history, and then proceeded to throw 6 touchdown passes in under 9 minutes to pull off the comeback, 68-65. That's right, the opponent was outscored 41-10 in 8:23 of game play.

Now, that's what I call football.
7/3/2013 12:12 AM
Well, he was throwing primarily against a rush defense... sorry, but as much as I dislike the current engine, if you're playing the run and blitzing and the opposition is passing deep, not all that far fetched, as you're probably going to get burned... pretty much all the scores were passes vs. a rush defense... I agree 41 points in 8:23 is off, but Pass O vs. Rush D should be a huge advantage.
7/3/2013 7:53 AM
While I liked the results of this "gem" because i was on the winning side, it would be nice to have a way to use the prevent defense.
7/3/2013 11:32 AM
Posted by mannowar on 7/3/2013 12:12:00 AM (view original):
Well, he was throwing primarily against a rush defense... sorry, but as much as I dislike the current engine, if you're playing the run and blitzing and the opposition is passing deep, not all that far fetched, as you're probably going to get burned... pretty much all the scores were passes vs. a rush defense... I agree 41 points in 8:23 is off, but Pass O vs. Rush D should be a huge advantage.
Then shouldn't he have been able to dominate the first 50 minutes?  Why did he score 41 points in 8 minutes after only 27 in 52 minutes?
7/4/2013 10:57 AM
Look at the entire 2nd half.

I scored on 8 of 11 possessions.  1 punt, 1 int , 1 incomplete 4th down conversion.

First half before half time adjustments:

3 scores, 2 int, 2 punts (1 int on the 4 yard line)

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.