All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > GD is now Rock/Paper/Scissors
7/19/2013 12:09 AM
If you guess run, you'll shut down the opponents run game with very little regard for talent.
If you guess pass, you'll shut down the opponents pass game with very little regard for talent.

After much testing, I believe talent means less than ever.  Just guess right and you'll do fine.

7/19/2013 1:09 AM
If they wanted to get this game ready for the 2013 NCAA season they just went backward.
7/19/2013 8:46 AM
This version was, at the start a disaster.  And now?  A disaster.  I keep saying it and I will keep saying it.  2.0 is just fine.  The scary thing is oriole said this is not the final version, which makes me think he thinks it's close to a final version.  Be afraid, be very afraid!!!
7/19/2013 1:23 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 7/19/2013 8:46:00 AM (view original):
This version was, at the start a disaster.  And now?  A disaster.  I keep saying it and I will keep saying it.  2.0 is just fine.  The scary thing is oriole said this is not the final version, which makes me think he thinks it's close to a final version.  Be afraid, be very afraid!!!
How does "this is not the final version" equate to "this is ALMOST the final version?"
7/20/2013 4:48 AM
Why even bring the term "final version" at this point?  We're light years away.  

7/20/2013 5:58 AM
Passing is absolute crap now. I'm lucky to get to 250 yds passing now in an all passing offense.
7/20/2013 10:05 AM
And honestly, if you never run, unless you are wholly superior to the other team that is how it should be. Talk about predictable.
7/20/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by noah23 on 7/20/2013 10:05:00 AM (view original):
And honestly, if you never run, unless you are wholly superior to the other team that is how it should be. Talk about predictable.
The problem is some teams are wholly superior to the other team and still can't pass well.
7/20/2013 12:32 PM
I have run about 15 different game plans to stop passing with absolutely no luck.  I figured out how to get consistent passing on my side again, but now DIA Iowa State in Carpenter cant even get a win over DIAA teams.  Ratings appear to mean absolutely nothing at this point.  
7/20/2013 1:11 PM
I thought the argument was that quarterbacks were still getting inflated comp%'s even after the change. I'm guessing that must have changed since the first one, because I haven't seen a QB over 60% consistently.
7/20/2013 1:42 PM (edited)
First experiment

QB: 51.0
WR: 53.0

vs

LB: 46.3
DB: 42.8

So, while it isn't Alabama vs Western Kentucky it is at least Alabama vs. Kentucky.

Chuck and Pray offense: Avg 350 ypg passing 60% winning percentage
Heavy Pass offense; Avg 300 ypg passing 70 ypg running. 65% winning percentage
Slight pass offense: Avg 270 ypg passing 110 ypg running 95% winning percentage
Balanced Offense: Avg 200 ypg passing 150 ypg running 95% winning percentage

To me, this is what I would expect if 1) the secondary was the best part of the weaker team or 2) the other team was across the board weaker, but not by 10 points across the board. I'm not sure the chuck and pray offense should ever work for better then 30% completion, which is actually what is happening. What also is happening is that my defense is getting significantly tired in the heavy pass and chuck and pray gameplans, which is to be expected as well. There are alot of things that are happening that appear good, but ratings do not seem to be as important as they should be. The biggest thing? The range of results is far too varied. I mean, a team capable of beating another team 40-0 should not lose 40-12. That is a 68 point range of victory variance. This has never changed, and I suspect a similar thing would happen if you were to have the test game function in 2.0. To me, this is the fundamental flaw of 2.0. If you could eliminate 65-75% of the randomness, tweak the passing game some, that would lay a really good foundation for 3.0 from 2.0. Particularly with the new gameplan features.

7/20/2013 2:03 PM
And fatigue has gone entirely too far on QB's. I was talking exclusively about chuck and pray offenses when I said fatigue should set in (and also notable I said for both QB and WR not exclusively QB as is now) Throwing 50 passes in a game that are in proper places (not all long/vlong) shouldn't cause a need for a substitution.
7/20/2013 7:00 PM
I still have better luck passing then running when teams are pretty equal, but I still use both. I use the test feature to decide which to use. I use 2 quarterbacks which helps also. I do think fatigue is too high. I have both set at 90% and my starting quarterback plays like 75% of plays.
7/21/2013 12:40 AM
By the way, I looked and tested with my William and Mary team, and I think I am seeing what is happening with comp%. It seems as if the only rating that matters are the quarterbacks ratings. See, I'm seeing consistency in comp% across the board using the same qb....but I'm seeing 50-60% at DIII 55-70% at DII and 70-85% at DIAA. It seems the defense is of little consequence in passing statistics outside of maybe interceptions.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > GD is now Rock/Paper/Scissors

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.