7/23/2013 5:52 PM
I have a DB in Argento that has played 82% of the defensive snaps and is listed as the starter and has the little green dot indicating as much.  The first game, no issues, the second and third game he is suddenly showing as not having started.  I apologize if this issue has already been raised but thought it was worth mentioning.
7/23/2013 7:56 PM
Posted by tkechub on 7/23/2013 5:52:00 PM (view original):
I have a DB in Argento that has played 82% of the defensive snaps and is listed as the starter and has the little green dot indicating as much.  The first game, no issues, the second and third game he is suddenly showing as not having started.  I apologize if this issue has already been raised but thought it was worth mentioning.
Have a similar problem with a guy a RB in Bava.
7/23/2013 8:02 PM
Same with me in Romero... player set as starter in player settings, depth chart and every formation.  Hasn't gotten credit for either start.
7/23/2013 11:24 PM
Same problem with a running back in Argento.  WE dropped like a rock and he is complaining about not starting.  True he didn't in the 1st 2 games but that shouldn't have kicked in the nasty-mail code.
7/24/2013 1:05 AM
I had the opposite problem. I had one QB designated to start on the player settings and another QB on the depth chart. They both got credit for the start. I was shocked to not see a nasty email
7/24/2013 5:51 AM
and now a nasty gram at 9:30 PM about playing time from a guy who has both started every game and averaged more PT than he was promised.  Something definitely broke or breaking here.  Forget the fact that the email response came at 9:30 which is considerably later than has ever been received for a similar response but that makes both of the Argento recruits I offered start and playing time to be jacked up in some way.
7/24/2013 7:20 PM (edited)
I had a WR complain of not starting that has started in the trips formation all three games. So a question for the WIS team: Is the starting line-up set to any one formation or is it just any 11 players at present? Maybe we should be able to set our starting O and D formations to plug in our starting line-ups?

So I just re-checked. My WR - even though marked as a starter AND indicated on the game log as having started - has not played due to the formations I have been using (because short passing wasn't working). The WIS team needs to make sure that all of the starter designations are hooked up to the player happiness and gamelog indicators. There are some crossed wires right now.
7/24/2013 8:53 PM
The player needs to be listed high enough on the main depth chart (the one furthest to the left on the advanced depth chart pages) in order for him to be credited with a start - along with marking him as a starter in the player settings page, and getting into at least one, non-penalty play in the first half.

I had a LB complain about not starting, even though he had played over 90% of each of the games.  He was listed as my No. 2 OLB, but No. 4 on the Linebacker chart. Looking through my games, I noticed that I was playing a lot of 4-3 Defenses in the first half, and no 4-4 or 3-4. I looked at the game where he did get his only start, and noticed that I had played a few downs in the first half using a 4-4.  When I saw this, I decided to move him up to the number 3 spot on the Linebacker chart, AfterI did this, he was credited with the start (I hadn't changed anything yet in my playbooks/gameplans).

7/24/2013 10:06 PM (edited)
I have a WR who is checked to start in the player settings and is #2 on the depth chart that is not getting starts as well.  Meanwhile, a rb who is not a starter is getting starts, and a cb who is not a starter is managing to start every other game with no input from me. 
7/25/2013 2:26 AM
Same problem with this DL http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=331542: Listed 1st (now... originally 3rd out of 5) on the depth chart for DL, checked as the starter, has the indication on all of my pages that he is starting.... but when he plays his 90+% of each game, he is not credited with the start.... so he has gotten ****** and dropped his work ethic.
7/25/2013 10:09 PM
Will some one please tell me what I have to do to get my RB to show up as a starter.  He's #1 in the rotation, shown as a starter in every location and plays in the 1st half and is still not showing as a starter.  Got the play me or I'm gone email tonite.  What else can I do.  Argento Colorado Mines. 
7/25/2013 10:12 PM
Argento - LB complaining about not starting - but in 85% of the plays, designated as starter, shows as starter on the line-up, game PBP has him starting but now he complains. It would seem that after 4 complete seasons these things would be fixed (until a new update comes out and we go backwards)
7/26/2013 12:21 AM
In Argento and Bava, both of my starting Freshman RBs are now complaining about starts.  Both are averaging over 40% playing time and on top of all depth charts except FB.  I looked a couple days ago and the starts were counting, now that has all disappeared and they are no longer starting.  This has been happening since the start of this.  If little things like this can't be fixed, I have zero faith that the larger issues will be fixed. 
7/26/2013 12:47 AM
Same in Carpenter---LB listed as #1 and 80+% but received the nasty gram anyway...
7/26/2013 12:01 PM
There is a definite problem here. My RB in Bava is listed as a starter in Player Settings and Depth Chart (multiple places) and shows as starter in the starter list. On top of that, the team comes out in Trips for the  first offensive play of the game and he is the only RB in the formation. YET the only RB on my roster that is given the start is the FB (and FB is the only place he is listed #1 in the DC).

In this case, my RB is under a promised start and is losing work ethic. Realize it is beta, so I'll get over it, but this needs to be fixed!!

of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.