All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > What's the future hold for this guy?
7/25/2013 4:55 PM
Wasn't expecting much from this guy so I wan't watching him closely but today I was going over his ratings and was suprised by his potential (four good pitches, decent control, and average vs ratings)

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Kiki Ortiz

Just wondering if he's bottom starter or do I workhorse him in relief/set up...I think he'll be coming up next season.
 Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

7/25/2013 9:17 PM
I'm thinking his splits, particularly the vsL are troublesome.  Unless he improves some, and it looks like he's not going to improve too much more, he's probably a long reliever at the major level or a AAA stud.

But this is my first stab at advice so I'd wait for others to answer before reading anything into my two cents. 

7/25/2013 9:18 PM
His future is getting shelled and posting a WHIP of about 1.60 at the ML level
7/25/2013 10:25 PM
He'd be a disappointment in the Big Leagues. The splits could be overcome by excellent control, good velocity and GB/FB, and all pitches above 50. It's not there. A catcher with a very high PC rating would help some, but not enough.
7/25/2013 10:52 PM
Because of his great pitches, he might be able to post an ERA in the low 5's.
7/26/2013 6:42 AM
Mop-up inning eater.
7/26/2013 8:17 AM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Esteban Mercado except gives up more homers and gets less strikeouts.    So, yeah, 1.5+ WHIP and a 5+ ERA.
7/26/2013 10:36 AM
Now I remember why I didn't give him much thought. Mop-up/long reliever B it is...thanks for the reminders
7/26/2013 10:39 AM
Read your own scouting report... good pitches, decent control, average vs... A major league pitcher has to be excellent at at least one thing, probably more like two or three things.
7/26/2013 11:01 AM
He is done progressing and is a AAA, backup pitcher if a ML pitcher goes down to injury.
7/26/2013 12:36 PM
If he were to be in Tacoma, San Diego or Burlington... well.  ;)  Just a little less crappy
7/26/2013 1:02 PM
Looks like career AAA. You can probably find a better unsigned pitcher for under 1M if you ever need an injury replacement.
7/26/2013 4:23 PM
Trade him
7/26/2013 6:49 PM
The gb/fb ratio kills him.
7/28/2013 4:00 AM
Can't tell if OP is serious....

sick level....
All Forums > Hardball Dynasty Baseball > Hardball Dynasty > What's the future hold for this guy?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.