This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
7/30/2013 1:03 AM
so thats what it looks like.  
7/30/2013 11:35 AM
I've been saying that this isn't working for 6 months. It's no better today than it was Feb 15th. Wake me up when it's fixed. Until then, I'll keep playing v2, probably forever, the way that v3 is coming together.
7/30/2013 11:35 AM
I bet Joe Conte is laughing his *** off.
7/30/2013 11:38 AM
Its funny, the OP is arguing for making things more complicated, yet making them simpler at the same time. You can't handle assigning run/pass ratio's, but you want to have differing practice amounts for each individual player? hey, I'm for that, I'm just pointing out that would be a bear to try to keep track of, much more so then advanced play calling. 
7/30/2013 11:45 AM
And, before the 101 for HBD was put up, it had jibberish up there as a placeholder as well. its not that they "don't care" its that we aren't done with the BETA yet. 
7/30/2013 8:07 PM (edited)
Posted by noah23 on 7/30/2013 11:38:00 AM (view original):
Its funny, the OP is arguing for making things more complicated, yet making them simpler at the same time. You can't handle assigning run/pass ratio's, but you want to have differing practice amounts for each individual player? hey, I'm for that, I'm just pointing out that would be a bear to try to keep track of, much more so then advanced play calling. 
I'm not for it, but that's what they are telling me ur suppose to do!
7/30/2013 8:10 PM
who is?
7/30/2013 10:50 PM
The ticket that I got back from. The knowledge base
7/31/2013 3:46 PM
That should be a thread all to itself. 
7/31/2013 10:52 PM
here it is in all its glory:

7/21/2013 12:08 PM starfinder77
Is there a possibility that when V3 is rolled out, GD will offer both V2 and V3?

Thanxs
7/21/2013 4:43 PM Customer Support
Hi,

No, when the update is released all worlds will convert to a V3 world when they roll over so they do not change during the season. We won't be keeping any worlds at V2 though. 

7/22/2013 2:39 PM starfinder77
Ok, then is it possible to bridge the gap between the basic and advanced? The basic game should allow for a coach to put their players in the formations that they will xcel at. The advanced game should give the coach more control over the details of the play ie % of outside vs inside, pass distribution to wat parts of the field.
7/22/2013 3:11 PM Customer Support
We've converted the advanced coaching settings into one setting. There were two, one for advanced position roles and one for advanced positions but those are now one combined setting. 

We're still making some changes but the currently functionality of the basic and advanced modes is pretty set. Could you please elaborate further on what you're meaning?

We are also trying to make sure that we fully explain how the coaching features work. We want to make sure the links between each new coaching feature are obvious and are creating a page to show how it all works together. With the basic settings everything has defaults so you only need to change the things you want to and can do so over time.

7/22/2013 9:21 PM starfinder77
If I have two RBs and one has a higher IQ in the I form, while the other has a higher IQ in the pro set, I should be able to run the basic and be able to designate the correct back to the formation that is more suited to that back. I should not have to be in advanced to be able to do that. Advanced should be for determining percentages of where the play distribution is at
7/23/2013 12:54 PM Customer Support
Thank you for the feedback. We'll take this and review it further internally.
7/24/2013 12:31 AM starfinder77
I do realize that it's not an "engine issue" so I understand that it's not at the top of the list. Out of curiosity, what is the time frame for "internal review" and how much longer is beta going to go on?

Thanks
7/24/2013 11:50 AM Customer Support
The beta will continue until we're confident that it is ready to go out. There's no timetable on reviewing items either.

Your idea though fits into our advanced coaching. You can do exactly what you're wanting with the advanced coaching settings. It's not very realistic - you should be practicing all of the formations that you use so all of your players should have similar formation IQs. Could a situation pop up where you might want to do something like it? Sure and with the advanced coaching settings you could, using one of the advanced position roles and base its depth chart on formation IQ. Then in one of your formations you would set a position to use that specific depth chart.

The basic settings are there for mostly new users or users that don't want to fully customize your team. Advanced coaching settings are there for veteran coaches. The new update provides default settings for everything so users can ease into all the new settings and features at their own pace.
7/24/2013 2:34 PM starfinder77
So can u at least get rid of having to set ur starters twice?
7/24/2013 6:24 PM Customer Support
Reviewing starters is definitely something that will happen before the beta is released. Starters are only set once though, on the player settings page. The depth chart lets you set up depth charts, the order you want your players to come in but it has no direct effect on starters.
7/28/2013 9:22 AM starfinder77
I went to the advanced and thought that maybe I could ajust the TE issue there (not catching passes) then went back to basic, which I do prefer. Advanced is fine, but for me its to time consuming, just my opinion. Anyway that didnt work, so how long will it take to get this fixed. You guys need to remember that each coach on here is just as important as the next one, regardless of level of experience. Another coach recently said V2 was going to be "the good ole days". I fear they may be right.
7/28/2013 2:31 PM Customer Support
We're still working on the engine and when we release updates we make a post explaining what has changed, etc.
8/1/2013 1:25 AM
Actually, I don't see that they said it at all. Matter of fact this "you should be practicing all of the formations that you use so all of your players should have similar formation IQs" says that in order to do it you would have to be practicing multiple formations. Thus, they are not saying that different players can have different practice settings. Glad to have that cleared up. (Tho I am still for that existing if it is possible) 
8/1/2013 3:07 AM
They're insinuating that all players r very similar in the IQs. If ur RB has a 6 pt difference between say the trips and pro set, and those r formations that u run, there is no way to make up those 6 points.
8/1/2013 7:36 AM
when you call customer assistance who do you get

i would take it with a grain the answers you get from india
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.