8/1/2013 9:22 AM
Why does this thread say shame on me?  For a mock up of a coaching 101 page? For those that haven't done web design before pages are often mocked up with make up text that will be filled with the real text at a later date. The addition of text is the easiest part of developing a page, so don't worry about that. 

As for the Tight End, my investigation into that was postponed for a little bit. I was working on some of the other issues. I'll be working on fixing the tight end issue this week as well as trying to concept an idea for "gaming" the system by calling the same play every time. I'll start a new thread to discuss this as my ideas form. The issues are on a prioritized list and I am the only engine developer right now. I get to them as soon as I can.  

I can assure you that we will not put V3.0 out until it is ready. I know that there has been some delay since I took over. I have discovered some issues that weren't on the radar before, and I plan to fix them. It's taking longer than I would have liked, but I am refusing to put out the game until it works and is better than v2.0. I know that some of you are fed up with the Beta. I appreciate your time, and hope that you still test. If you are looking for a more complete product then please you v2 until things are ready. 

Thanks everyone. 

8/1/2013 9:53 AM
Posted by oriole_fan on 8/1/2013 9:22:00 AM (view original):
Why does this thread say shame on me?  For a mock up of a coaching 101 page? For those that haven't done web design before pages are often mocked up with make up text that will be filled with the real text at a later date. The addition of text is the easiest part of developing a page, so don't worry about that. 

As for the Tight End, my investigation into that was postponed for a little bit. I was working on some of the other issues. I'll be working on fixing the tight end issue this week as well as trying to concept an idea for "gaming" the system by calling the same play every time. I'll start a new thread to discuss this as my ideas form. The issues are on a prioritized list and I am the only engine developer right now. I get to them as soon as I can.  

I can assure you that we will not put V3.0 out until it is ready. I know that there has been some delay since I took over. I have discovered some issues that weren't on the radar before, and I plan to fix them. It's taking longer than I would have liked, but I am refusing to put out the game until it works and is better than v2.0. I know that some of you are fed up with the Beta. I appreciate your time, and hope that you still test. If you are looking for a more complete product then please you v2 until things are ready. 

Thanks everyone. 

A little overly sensitive aren't you? Looks like you need some thicker skin.  Grow some callouses on those typing fingers.

As for 3.0, it better be far more than better than 2.0. That is a POS. One doesn't have to look any further than world pop numbers to figure that out.

8/1/2013 10:07 AM
overly sensitive? perhaps my tone didn't come across. I wasn't being sensitive at all here, I was asking if the thread was titled "Oriole - Shame on you" for the coaching page or if it was meant for something much more damaging.
8/1/2013 10:11 AM
I was kidding man. Except the part about 2.0.

Now get those typing callouses growing.......

8/1/2013 3:38 PM
U just happen to be the name associated with every issue and very problem. I took it as you were the ticket answer guy, my apology on that if u weren't. Regardless of how anyone feels, the answers are no different now than before.
8/1/2013 6:37 PM
If you don't touch the settings, are they set to default?  If so, couldn't you use advanced for what you want and ignore the other features if you dislike them (which would play the team the same as basic except for the specific changes you make).  I guess the question here is about the utility of the default settings in comparison to basic.   
8/1/2013 6:52 PM
Yes, and you also have the option of setting your depth chart based on position roles as well. The option of using basic gameplans etc. You do not have to use all of the features of advanced to use advanced. 
8/1/2013 7:10 PM
So I guess I don't see the issue.  Starfinder can do everything he wants and avoid everything he dislikes other than having to click advanced.  I am not sure the response from WIS proves anything unfair or out of the ordinary regarding this issue.  I know some players like version 2, and may be hesitant to embrace change, and may dislike the current state of version 3, but asking for advanced capability while maintaining the basic settings doesn't seem like a pressing issue. 

I think this raises an interesting point though - why even have a basic?  One game for everyone seems more intuitive.  If players don't want to mess with the settings, they will be playing the basic anyway.  Advanced could be an advantage, but bad game planning could make it a disadvantage as well.  Players looking to play it safe while saving time can still enjoy the rigors of recruiting and limited coaching without having to mess with the settings.  Maybe removing the labels would satisfy these players while making things less confusing at the start.   
8/1/2013 8:46 PM
The issue is that I'm not being duped into thinking that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread because of all the bells and whistles.  The advanced settings are only there to misguide you into thinking that your having "loads" of control when in fact you cant be certain that the players you want are in the right formation.    Is it really to much to ask out of a game to hit a happy medium between 2.0 and 3.0 advanced?

I really just want my best FB in the FB slot, without having to navigate between 2 or 3 screens.  Then again it may not be relevant to put your best players in formations that they excel in because nobody really knows how much Formation IQ means.  i could spend the rest of the nite (5 hours) working on advanced and i still wouldnt be happy with how this thing looks.  To much control  in this area and none over here.  Since the player settings are where you set your starters and the depth charts are for "coming in ogff the bench" then how does it work when it only allows you to set 2 RBs and one of ur formations is the wishbone?  That maybe that we dont have to many testers on here, is becasue (forget the engine), 3.0 isnt even close to being as user friendly as 2.0.  I know some refer to it as "dumbed down", and i can see where you get that, becasue its not hard to get started in there.  Did we really have to goto the opposite end of the spectrum?

Before they scrap 2.0, I suggest they put it on a CD (if possible) and sell it to those of us that want to play it

8/1/2013 9:20 PM
I have the right players in the right spots in my lineup. Why am I able to do so and you are not able to do so? May be a good question. and yes, we needed to go here. Without it, I would lack the immersion necessary to get me to pay again. 
8/1/2013 10:15 PM
R you putting your players in specific positions based on attributes formation IQs or both?  How do you move your players around on the formations?  Example is how do you move the TE from  one end of the line to the next?
8/1/2013 10:44 PM (edited)
There is no substantive difference between one side of the line or the other. I do it based primarily on attributes, as like 2.0 IQ means very little to me (and I've been pretty darn successful with the teams I've stuck with 136-55 on this ID) But yes, you just have to modify the formation. Don't need to add a formation, just modify the existing one. 
8/2/2013 7:57 AM
Im not real big on formation IQ as well, just saying there is or would appear to be a much easier way and more user friendly for newbies as well to set this without the advanced crap
8/2/2013 11:24 AM
How? I don't see the current advanced as being complicated or user unfriendly. Seriously. Its just point and click. And if all you are doing is modifying the formation and not adding new ones, it takes 5 minutes tops. 
8/2/2013 5:41 PM
Your aversion to clicking the advanced button seems borderline phobic.  Just click it and fill out your depth chart.  Ignore everything else.  It will take around a minute to solve this issue.  Nobody is forcing you to ring bells or blow whistles. 

I agree that filling out all the options is somewhat daunting at first, but filling out the depth charts is not time consuming or confusing.  Just click advanced and go.   
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.