8/18/2013 10:41 AM
I have put a significant amount in 13 recruits, imo it should be enough to turn them green......so far its only turned 5.  Needless to say this recruiting is a sinking boat and beyond saving!
8/18/2013 12:28 PM
I was able to win the one battle that i engaged in to green.  I had 19 schollys to fill at Tex AM and was able to fill them.  I had 15 other players that were green and those will go into the undecided group.  Started out with 285k and ended up with about 10k left.  Only thing about recruiting that I had to change is that I had to stay within my 360 and all my signings are top 150 players.  If the guess reports worked for this, I would bet that my class would be in the top 40.  

I had around 15 guys right off the bat that were red and was able to turn them.  The guy that I won the battle  with Michigan (recruit was 80 miles from me) cost me 30k.

This recruiting is different but it works
8/18/2013 9:07 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 8/18/2013 12:28:00 PM (view original):
I was able to win the one battle that i engaged in to green.  I had 19 schollys to fill at Tex AM and was able to fill them.  I had 15 other players that were green and those will go into the undecided group.  Started out with 285k and ended up with about 10k left.  Only thing about recruiting that I had to change is that I had to stay within my 360 and all my signings are top 150 players.  If the guess reports worked for this, I would bet that my class would be in the top 40.  

I had around 15 guys right off the bat that were red and was able to turn them.  The guy that I won the battle  with Michigan (recruit was 80 miles from me) cost me 30k.

This recruiting is different but it works
Having to stay within 360 miles and signing top 150 players doesn't mean that recruiting isn't broken. In fact, it underscores the fact that recruiting has been nerfed.
8/18/2013 11:09 PM
I feel it has more to do with lack of human coaches at that level. I said I had to mak adjustments to the way I normally recruit. I'm just saying what works as I won't have any crappy players or STM signees.
8/19/2013 11:46 AM
The reason I have dropped all my D1A and D1AA teams is I got so tired of all the stupid send 20 CV to get a player. I won't go back to those levels until they make that unrealistic recruiting method better.
8/19/2013 2:55 PM
I am at Penn State and am having problems.  I am spending 20K to get Sims off.  That wasn't like that in the other version.  Maybe by resetting all the schools to A+ for their coaches inadvertantly screwed something up.  If not, something had to have been changed and not noticed for recruiting.  I went up to DIA in another world in around season 12 and Sims were removed fairly consistently with 8K.  As recently as DII yost, I could remove 3 Sims for a similar 8K cost.  Why in the Beta is it taking more?  Something has to be different.
8/19/2013 3:46 PM
Really would like Oriole to weigh in with an answer here.  There are too many of us seeing the same thing.  My D2 and D3 Beta teams had no trouble with sims.  My D1 is going to take 13 sims  because of the problem we have all outlined.  My new (just moved there this season) 1AA team struggled like at D1 but fared a little better then North Texas.  And the one 1AA where I am in my second year (Maine) had no problems.  Not sure if the team did okay because I was in my second season or location  Bottom line the trouble appears to be in D1 and to some extent 1AA. 
8/19/2013 5:48 PM
I won a NC with Ohio State last season and had 90k in bowl money. I am going to end up taking 3 sim recruits. Only took on 3 human battles.Took over 30k to take out a sim on a LB I wanted.  Something has changed
8/19/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by runnrun on 8/19/2013 5:48:00 PM (view original):
I won a NC with Ohio State last season and had 90k in bowl money. I am going to end up taking 3 sim recruits. Only took on 3 human battles.Took over 30k to take out a sim on a LB I wanted.  Something has changed
Same for me at Penn State in Carpenter.  WTF....
8/19/2013 7:45 PM
Weird I'm having no trouble at Bama between 10k and 17k and they are all mine.  Did spend 50k on a K but that was against a human coach.
8/19/2013 8:29 PM
Posted by dewagne on 8/19/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
I am at Penn State and am having problems.  I am spending 20K to get Sims off.  That wasn't like that in the other version.  Maybe by resetting all the schools to A+ for their coaches inadvertantly screwed something up.  If not, something had to have been changed and not noticed for recruiting.  I went up to DIA in another world in around season 12 and Sims were removed fairly consistently with 8K.  As recently as DII yost, I could remove 3 Sims for a similar 8K cost.  Why in the Beta is it taking more?  Something has to be different.
Something is definitely different because I am getting the backlash of Penn State's issue...result= the loss of two players because I couldn't knock off SimAi before the Nittany Lions jumped in.
8/19/2013 10:25 PM
There was no way I could battle with human coaches at all this season, lost all 3 recruits that had other humans on them.  Filled a little over half of my scholarships, bank roll drained from trying to beat sims off.  This totally blows a donkey dick as I should have had a solid recruiting this season!  Thanks WIS!!
8/20/2013 8:48 AM
Currently the recruiting system has not been altered. We will look at the problems to see if some of the sim ai numbers got tweaked, but nothing has been modified with recruiting. 

8/20/2013 10:46 AM
Same issues at USC.  Knowing that no other humans are in the Pac10, I threw down heavy on every recruit:  first cycle frosh start, 75%, and $15,000 worth of CVs. That worked for a few guys. Had to put in a total of 20k-25k through the second cycle to wrap it up, but it took every dollar in the account.  Add humans to the mix and that strategy fails spectacularly.
8/20/2013 10:29 PM
Just lost an OL...couldn't knock off  SimAi, but was in the lead.  This last cycle he signed with SimAi.  Gonna probably end up with 6-8 SimAi recruits.  I am all for competition, but this is ridiculous.  With only 22 humans at the D1A level, NO ONE should have to taken on SimAi recruits.
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.