8/22/2013 5:12 AM
Agreed jhard, and while yours reads that it was the last cycle I lost two players to a SIM on the eve of the last day of recruiting both players I was in the lead without ever a notice that I wasn't.  I do realize that SIMs can still spend and potentially catch up, but to never get the, "coach I have to tell you I am leaning toward another place" before he actually signs with them is a first for me.  Being over 20k deep with start and playing time, it was strange to not be able to knock off the SIM but even stranger that I never got notice that their lean had changed.  

Definitely feels like SIM AI recruiting got changed.  I know we are in Beta but why is any time being dedicated to adjusting any of the SIM settings?  Sorry just my rant from when 2.0 rolled out.  I like the 2.0 engine (don't throw eggs) but it had a large SIM issue when it first rolled out.  I go back to the business model of how a non customer SIM AI should ever beat a real customer in any aspect, its just bad for business (granted no one is paying for this BETA, which is a good thing)
8/22/2013 9:51 AM
Also, remember that we have made some simplifications in the beta to allow users to progress faster through DIII. When the worlds go back to normal, some of the issues that you are seeing with recruiting will be taken care of. This sort of stuff has modified some of the expected numbers in the process, and that's why you are seeing some of the stronger recruiting in the beta. We haven't changed the underlying code of the recruiting, so this will be fine in the full release. Sorry for any confusion, but it's one of those things that come with the beta. 

8/22/2013 11:33 AM
The recruiting was changed before beta even started.  It was one of the first things that Norbert did. He did it so that the long time Sim teams would not be so God aweful and perhaps appeal to a new user to take.  

I cant believe this is a 1. a topic and 2. people dont remember.
8/22/2013 9:17 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 8/22/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
The recruiting was changed before beta even started.  It was one of the first things that Norbert did. He did it so that the long time Sim teams would not be so God aweful and perhaps appeal to a new user to take.  

It's a topic because it is frustrating coaches who are supposed to be testing this beta engine so much that they are getting frustrated and moving back down to lower levels or quitting all together.  What does it matter how awful the sim teams are in beta, as we are all starting from scratch at DIII and moving our way up.  Everyone knows they are going for elites, doesn't matter what their record was previously!   I had 16 scholarships, only had 5 green on the day of signings, with 8 yellow and 2 red.  Signed only 3 of those yellows.  Ended up signing 16 but can say only the 8 are really worth having as the rest are all D1AA players if that!  To me it makes no sense in having recruiting different in the beta version as it is in the real version!  How can we truly test this sim if we can't sign quality recruits??   
8/22/2013 10:58 PM
On a side note, this shouldn't matter because we're testing the engine and recruiting isn't really part of that. The bigger questions r did they make talent matter and did they fix the TE issue?
8/23/2013 7:17 AM
Posted by jhunterz on 8/22/2013 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tigerpark135 on 8/22/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):

It's a topic because it is frustrating coaches who are supposed to be testing this beta engine so much that they are getting frustrated and moving back down to lower levels or quitting all together.  What does it matter how awful the sim teams are in beta, as we are all starting from scratch at DIII and moving our way up.  Everyone knows they are going for elites, doesn't matter what their record was previously!   I had 16 scholarships, only had 5 green on the day of signings, with 8 yellow and 2 red.  Signed only 3 of those yellows.  Ended up signing 16 but can say only the 8 are really worth having as the rest are all D1AA players if that!  To me it makes no sense in having recruiting different in the beta version as it is in the real version!  How can we truly test this sim if we can't sign quality recruits??   
I hear you loud and clear on that issue. And that is a problem for testing at DI.  I have been in d3 the whole entire beta testing time trying to test the best. So, I have not experienced your frustrations.

However, I might be off base but to me testing is testing no matter what division. 

Here is what we know. Recruiting is fine in version 2. Everyone or most agree.  Many things in version 3 still need fixing eg..  WIDE RECEIVER DISTRIBUTION CONTROL ORIOLE!!!   So, I would argue that once we have everything tweaked to our liking and this thing rolls out(if it ever does) recruiting should fall into line. 

In the mean time, test how to beat sims with your average at best players. keep pluggin away at the sims. 

Season 1 beta it was almost impossible to get a d3 qb because all the d2 sims were on them.  Human players saturated the field and overtook them by season 3. Your issue will be resolved over time.  The engine issues wont. let these guys focus on the real problem. 
8/27/2013 3:57 PM
Posted by oriole_fan on 8/20/2013 8:48:00 AM (view original):
Currently the recruiting system has not been altered. We will look at the problems to see if some of the sim ai numbers got tweaked, but nothing has been modified with recruiting. 

Clearly something is different Oriole.  Just look at the number of people seeing the same thing, who they (in terms of games played), and the teams they are coaching.
of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.