8/27/2013 3:25 PM
I've been getting some tickets about the starters not being marked correctly. This fix will be pushed out today or tomorrow. The starters will be marked (for the time being) as they are selected first. If they are not selected then they will be picked as such: Positions are chosen from the most used offensive formation. Players are chosen from the most used players at the selected positions. Hope that helps. 

8/29/2013 12:02 AM
Not sure I understand what "selected first" means.  Selected first in the first formation used?  Selected first under player settings?  Truly this starter issue has become a can of worms. 

I am still getting complaints from players that are getting sporadic starts despite being marked as starters and getting significant playtime.  Do I need to isolate a single formation for first down to ensure that formation is used to start the game to get the starters I want?  Do starter designations under player settings make any difference? 
8/29/2013 8:22 AM
I think what he's saying is the order will be ---

1) If you have selected a starter at a position through checking the box on whichever page it's buried on, that player will be used.
2) If no starter is selected, then the players used most often at the formation used most often will be used.
8/29/2013 10:07 AM
I am running into another issue with this now.  I have a balanced gameplan with ND Box and Trips setup. I have my Full back and Running back both checked as starters.  What is happening is that the Full back is getting the green check as a starter for the game with 49% of the plays.  The Running back at 63% of the plays is not getting the starter check mark.  Then, it is giving my 3 WRs check marks for starting with 97%, 54% and 51%.  I hope this issue will get looked at soon, I am losing WE for all my good RBs because of this issue.  I am sure I am not the only one running into this either.
8/29/2013 4:11 PM
Yeah, checking the start box still does not ensure the start unfortunately. 

This all went bad when Norbert attempted to teach the the program to recognize starters by itself because people were complaining about having to check the starter box.  Either we need to check the box for starters, or we need to rely on the depth chart.  However, letting the game choose who is starting  is causing too many problems at this point in my opinion. 
8/30/2013 3:08 AM
This has not been fixed, I am in danger of losing my starting running back!!!!
8/31/2013 7:29 AM
Same issue here. RB threatening to leave.
8/31/2013 8:22 AM
Not fixed!!!!!!  Rb may leave any game now!!!!
8/31/2013 12:42 PM
Posted by dewagne on 8/29/2013 10:07:00 AM (view original):
I am running into another issue with this now.  I have a balanced gameplan with ND Box and Trips setup. I have my Full back and Running back both checked as starters.  What is happening is that the Full back is getting the green check as a starter for the game with 49% of the plays.  The Running back at 63% of the plays is not getting the starter check mark.  Then, it is giving my 3 WRs check marks for starting with 97%, 54% and 51%.  I hope this issue will get looked at soon, I am losing WE for all my good RBs because of this issue.  I am sure I am not the only one running into this either.
I don't think the percentages have anything to do with it. What formation were you in on the first offensive play of the game? Bet it was Trips. 
8/31/2013 6:01 PM (edited)
From what I can tell, %s seems to partially dictate who is getting the start.  At least, getting above 40% seems to increase the liklihood.  Below 40%, even if marked the starter, seems to erase the start.  Of course, my team is a limited sample...   
8/31/2013 6:27 PM
I think I found out what is wrong. If you look under Promised start in player settings, it should say Fr if you promised them a promised start as freshman or So as sophomore. My sophomore start shows that, but none of my freshman starts do.
8/31/2013 6:28 PM
same for promised playing time too
8/31/2013 8:29 PM
My #1 WR with100% playing time over the last two games, listed as a starter, in spot #1 in the depth chart is not getting credited for starts.  Not much else I can do.
8/31/2013 11:04 PM
Posted by mcbethbr on 8/31/2013 8:29:00 PM (view original):
My #1 WR with100% playing time over the last two games, listed as a starter, in spot #1 in the depth chart is not getting credited for starts.  Not much else I can do.
Im having this same issue with a WR and a LB.  All I can do is read the emails and say WTF.
9/1/2013 3:34 PM
Same as mcbethbr. Linebacker plays 100 percent of plays and not credited with start
of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.