All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Third and long defense help needed
8/28/2013 3:16 PM
In the past I've tried to pride myself on game planning but am at a loss and asking for help. Against humans in the beta world I'm getting ripped apart on third and long against pro set passing. I practice nickel and have nickel D in with a 10 percent run 90 percent pass. I've tried both medium and long settings but neither matters. Admit the last two humans are better coaches than I am and that we all have elite jobs. But latest game I had nickel long in and opponent converted 8 of 9 third down conversions of 8 yards or longer. In the championship game last season I knew pass was coming but neither nickel or dime (I don't practice dime) settings didn't slow opponent down. As we have learned with this beta talent isn't the issue so it's obviously me. Help!
8/28/2013 3:46 PM
It's not you.  The game has some quirks that make defending the pass difficult.
8/28/2013 4:18 PM
bjaygee is 100% right. oriole said  "3. Passing - Passing is currently been parsed, simplified and organized. This was a major undertaking as the passing logic in the game is by far the most complicated. Well, it was. These simplifications will allow for easier adjustments of inputs and allow for less random results, which allow for more deterministic outcome. This means that instead of saying that random results happen, I'll be able to inform the users that a certain result will happen only a certain percentage of the time in that situation."
Hopefully this means he is working on this issue...
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Third and long defense help needed

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.