All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Overall game play as of 9/28
10/2/2013 12:58 AM
I have to totally disagree with all of you.  I lost a game last night 87-0 to a team that was just a little better than me.  He did have an edge at rb and wr, but I had the edge at dl and lb.  I was playing 4-4 run and he ran all over me.  This is a scary thought.  In version 2.0, I have only been shut out once, I think 10-0.  I lost the turnover battle AGAIN, and to add insult to injury he had 4 punts returned for an average of 23 yards.  I don't think I have 23 yards of punt returns in the last 2 years.  This version was a joke when it first came out and it is a joke now.  If we are forced to play this version, and not given a choice between 2.0 and 3.0 What If Sports will lose my business.
10/2/2013 1:04 AM
Ever think maybe it's the coach?  
10/2/2013 3:22 AM
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN OUTCOACHED BY 87 POINTS!!!!
10/2/2013 7:20 AM
The world is Craven, my team is Pace in d2.  Please everyone take a look at the game and help me understand why 87 point difference.
10/2/2013 9:40 AM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 10/2/2013 3:22:00 AM (view original):
HAVE YOU EVER BEEN OUTCOACHED BY 87 POINTS!!!!
No, but it doesn't appear you can say the same. :-/
10/2/2013 2:17 PM
Sacks are really high still today, my team has better OL and DL yet being outsacked like 7-2.
10/2/2013 4:36 PM
I have passed 64 times in 2 games and my qb has only been sacked twice.  Grant it, I have been with this team team in hooper since season 1 and ever player on my d3 team is d2 talent.  Talent gap is definately keeping sacks away from my qb.
10/2/2013 9:03 PM
My Penn State team in Bava has passed 66 times in 4 games and given up 6 sacks.  My D, on the other hand, has 30 sacks.  Talent matters.
10/2/2013 10:46 PM
I am going to be checking on the coaching parts, but here is the breakdown of the talent differential for the two teams, yours and kingsville (which is arguably the best team in Craven DII).

Their OL/Your DL: 69.4/62.8

This is a significant difference. The OL should dominate your linemen on most plays.

Their WR/Your CB: 70.0/59.4

This is a talent differential which is pretty much going to eat you for breakfast. 10.6 real talent points in difference? Those WR are DIA level. Seriously. DIA at least halfway up the WIS Rankings. Very impressive core.

Their RB/Your LB: 66.5/65.5

This is closer, but still an advantage particularly with the OL factoring in.

Offensively, the TAMK team is capable of dominating your defense in all facets of the game. I haven't gotten to the offensive breakdowns yet, but this team can put up some points in a hurry. Do I think 87 a bit much? Sure. But thats not what we are working on right now. Talent has to be number one, and there is not many teams more talented then the team Powerballz has put together at Kingsville.
10/2/2013 10:57 PM
Now lets look at how their defense stacks up against your offense.

OL/DL 68.4/62.8

This is a significant difference and really should help your team. But. there are a couple holes that make this advantage less, well, advantageous..

RB/LB 51.0/60.5

The linebackers, while not dominating overall will dominate your running game with this much difference even with a good OL. Limiting a lot of runs to 2 yards or less.

WR/CB 64.0/64.0

Evenly matched...this is a big deal because across the board the cornerbacks are weaker as part of the talent calculations then any other positions. You should be able to get some seperation, but it shouldnt be a big deal.

You should be able, if calling the correct plays, to get some offensive output, but i guarantee you, if I am kingsville, i am sitting on your passing game. The lack of a running game really hurts in this engine installment.

And as everyone has been saying, we should not be trying to fix overall scoring outside of making sure plays are happening in a good range and maybe doing something about the subpar corners until we get injuries and penalties into the game. I can see, easily, how kingsville could blow your team out of the water in a game.
10/2/2013 11:03 PM
His defensive gameplan was nearly 100% against the pass,as I suspected you threw a lot. Your defensive gameplan while not completely effective against the run, which is understandable, was not the reason he scored 87. Turnovers, blocked punts (first Ive seen that actually), and bad field position battles caused the high score.
10/3/2013 8:25 PM
noah23, great observation. johnnyluv151, I can see why you would be a little upset, you've put together a decent DII team, but noah is right in pointing out your opponent was/is about 1/2 DIAA and 1/2 DIA. Powerballz has one heck of a team and would probably dominate 10 out of 10 games. In this case talent ruled, but he also put together a good game plan. Result: 87-0. That said, I'm again in agreement with noah that 87-0 was probably a little excessive, but that fix will come later.
10/4/2013 8:00 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=176167

I took a hard look at this game vs. a sim opponent and noticed two things:
1. Guessing wrong on defense was a killer. For whatever reason, I called the wrong defense many times vs. I-formation on first down and gave up big gains nearly every time this happened.
2. There were some big gains as a result of weak tackles, but I don't know which player to blame because the PBP only says "tackler."
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Short. [KEY:Initial_Defense_OffenseCallsRun_DefenseCallsPass] William Gross takes the handoff and rushes wide. [KEY:Initial_Run_RushOutside] Gross makes his way through the blocking at the line. [KEY:Step_Run_InsideLine_OffenseModerate] Gross makes his way to the outside. [KEY:Step_Run_OutsideLine_OffenseModerate] Gross slips the tackle of Tackler and gets into the end zone. 15 yards gain. [KEY:Touchdown_WeakTackle] TOUCHDOWN.
10/7/2013 4:11 PM
Posted by tribewriter on 10/4/2013 8:00:00 AM (view original):
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=176167

I took a hard look at this game vs. a sim opponent and noticed two things:
1. Guessing wrong on defense was a killer. For whatever reason, I called the wrong defense many times vs. I-formation on first down and gave up big gains nearly every time this happened.
2. There were some big gains as a result of weak tackles, but I don't know which player to blame because the PBP only says "tackler."
Defense lines up for a pass with a cover Short. [KEY:Initial_Defense_OffenseCallsRun_DefenseCallsPass] William Gross takes the handoff and rushes wide. [KEY:Initial_Run_RushOutside] Gross makes his way through the blocking at the line. [KEY:Step_Run_InsideLine_OffenseModerate] Gross makes his way to the outside. [KEY:Step_Run_OutsideLine_OffenseModerate] Gross slips the tackle of Tackler and gets into the end zone. 15 yards gain. [KEY:Touchdown_WeakTackle] TOUCHDOWN.
You should sitemail starfinder77.  He can tell you how to guess correctly on defense.
of 2
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Overall game play as of 9/28

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.