All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?
11/22/2013 12:39 PM
oh come on, she married you. She HAS to be clueless.
11/22/2013 12:42 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2013 12:34:00 PM (view original):
Yes, I do.

My wife works for a small business in which the owner of the company covers 100% of the healthcare benefits for his full time employees.

One of my wife's responsibilities is to work as the liason between her company and the insurer that provides their healthcare benefits.  She hasn't gone into specific details with me, but she has indicated that Obamacare has introduced a significant cost increase to what her boss now has to pay for coverage,

My wife has practically no interest in politics or political rhetoric, so this is certainly not "spin" on her part.  I don't believe my wife is clueless.  And I don't believe my wife is a liar. 

Are you saying that she is one of those?
I have no idea. You haven't provided any specific details.

I have a friend who isn't political at all and his company is getting a HUGE discount on their health coverage because of the ACA. I don't know details, but are you calling him a liar?
11/22/2013 12:48 PM
How does he know about the "HUGE discount"?.  Is this something that he is personally involved with, or is this information that he is getting as word of mouth?
11/22/2013 1:13 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 11/22/2013 12:49:00 PM (view original):
How does he know about the "HUGE discount"?.  Is this something that he is personally involved with, or is this information that he is getting as word of mouth?
He works in benefits. It's direct knowledge.
11/22/2013 1:26 PM
OK.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that ACA is responsible for any "HUGE discount" in healthcare coverage.  Assuming it's equivalent coverage from last year.

That seems to go against 99% of what is being reported as the common experience of what other businesses are seeing.
11/22/2013 1:45 PM
ACA, ************?????
11/22/2013 1:47 PM

It's pretty obvious that adding coverage for old, sickly people to the health insurance business will provide HUGE discounts in premiums.

11/22/2013 2:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2013 1:47:00 PM (view original):

It's pretty obvious that adding coverage for old, sickly people to the health insurance business will provide HUGE discounts in premiums.

You think the ACA adds coverage for old people?
11/22/2013 2:24 PM
Are you saying that old people who previously may not have had health insurance are excluded from the ACA?
11/22/2013 2:44 PM
Pretty sure he does this every time(moreso on his Angry Friday).

So, in order to keep him somewhat calm, we should preface every comment on ACA with "We understand that ACA does not supply healthcare coverage......."
11/22/2013 2:47 PM
Imagine being his kid.  

"Daddy, why is the sky blue?"
"ARE YOU SURE IT'S BLUE, YOU STUPID LITTLE BASTARD?!?!?!!?  GO GET YOUR MAMA SO I CAN BEAT YOUR BOTH FOR YOUR STUPIDITY!!!!"
11/22/2013 2:48 PM
Old people are covered by Medicare.
11/22/2013 2:51 PM
How old?
11/22/2013 3:02 PM
I think it's 60 or 65.
11/22/2013 3:05 PM
Would it be fair say there are a lot of people who were unisured but weren't over 60?  Or 65?
of 57
All Forums > General Discussion > Non-Sports > Who would do a better job of running the USA?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.