All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > In which I whine about scouting trips...
10/3/2013 3:06 PM
Recruit with Shot Blocking rating of 1 with, shockingly, low potential.  Half a dozen or so highs, one of which is Athleticism.  Sent ~10 scouting trips.  As you suspected, never got Ath.  I got SB 7 times.  On the bright side, it's high-low!  Hoooooooorayyy!

10/3/2013 7:07 PM
If I'm not mistaken, there are 12 categories that generate messages: basically, the 12 numerical ratings, minus durability, plus free throw shooting.  With 4 messages per trip, there is an 8/12 = 2/3 chance of not getting ATH on a particular SV.  The probability of not getting it in 10 SVs, if there are generated independently, is (2/3)^10 = 0.0173, or about 1.7%.  So not completely unbelievable, although a ripoff nonetheless.  I should go back and look at all my pulldowns and see if the number of messages about each category are consistent with independent SVs, though.  Sometimes it does seem like they are doing the same ones over and over again (in which case the odds of not getting one in particular are higher than 1.7%).  
10/3/2013 7:48 PM
Sometimes you only get 3 potentials per scout.  
10/3/2013 8:54 PM
For what it's worth, I got 38 ratings responses and 2 "Excellent students".  SB accounted for a little over 18% of the ratings responses.  To hell with Eric Pierce.  I'mma go scout these guys myself.
10/4/2013 8:13 AM
Fire Pierce, get Jack Mihoff for an assistant coach.
10/4/2013 8:43 PM
11 scouting visits for a PF. Not one rebounding evaluation. Sweet.
All Forums > Hoops Dynasty Basketball > Hoops Dynasty > In which I whine about scouting trips...

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.