All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Play-by-Play I would like to see
10/4/2013 2:05 PM
I realize that the PBP is a work in progress but here are the things I would like to consider. And don't come back and say "It is too much to read" - Put in on basic then. I want to see how the game is determining play outcomes for my player purposes and gameplanning.

Right now we see many cases of where the "Defense is getting pressure" on the QB - I would like to see some PBP that says "QB is getting good protection, has lots of time"

I would like to see more PBP about offensive push vs defensive holds on the line.

I would like to see some reference about WR getting away from or not against the DB.

I would like to see match-ups for LB vs RB after the LOS.

Match-ups right now are very poor when comparisons are made using the beta test game player ratings. OL and DL match-ups are not representative of the values. QB + WR vs DB need to be adjusted as does RB vs LB.  Much of this may be the goofy all or non run vs pass defense scheme (this has to go!) - especially if it impacts player ratings match-ups.

10/6/2013 9:45 AM
the defense always gets pressure according to the play-by-play

but only on pass plays

maybe all "the defense is getting pressure on QBX" really means is "the defense sees pass"

or worse "the play-by-play is about to describe a passing play"

it's lame but inscrutable

it's a zen koan

10/6/2013 10:07 AM
the degrees of pressure are like begins, gets, and lots

i assume more pressure induces crazy throws and panic runs but i am a pocket QB pro-set guy

so montana cooly throws it away and vick skedaddles

who knows what it means
10/6/2013 11:47 AM
I'm just saying - If we get messages about getting pressure - we should also see messages about having loads of time. It would make it seem that now it is only the defense that gets an advantage.
10/7/2013 5:07 PM
These are great suggestions. 

The pressure thing is a little messed up right now because it just says that there is pressure, but what it doesn't mention is that it took 2 or 3 steps on the play to get that pressure. Basically, the longer the play goes, the heavier the pressure. So some plays will show heavy pressure even when the quarterback has plenty of time. I'll try to add better cues to when that is the case. 

The OLine vs DLine. I'll have to come up with a good scheme for this too. I'm not sure I want to put it in every play, but I'd like to call it out when it's noticeable. 

10/7/2013 9:29 PM
make pancakes a stat for the o-line and reverse pancakes for the d-line
10/8/2013 4:48 AM
if pressure is a function of time, leave it out of the play by play

we all know pressure increases with time

its why pocket QBs get happy feet
10/8/2013 8:54 AM
Posted by bobprobert on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM (view original):
make pancakes a stat for the o-line and reverse pancakes for the d-line
Since the game currently treats lines as a "unit" I don't see this as feasible unless the OL / DL  interactions were completely re-worked.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Play-by-Play I would like to see

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.