All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread
10/9/2013 7:43 PM
Is the pbp going to be redone?  Currently, it's pretty worthless with few details on who is involved.  This is pretty critical to figure out why things are happening, especially if you're not going to give any guidance on the value of formation advantages, formation IQ and talent.  At a minimum, it would be good to know who is involved in influencing the play besides the tackler.

Are the issues in the [Known Problems IV] thread being addressed before the 3.0 rollout?

Are the issues in the [Play by Play Oddities] thread being addressed before the 3.0 rollout?
10/9/2013 7:44 PM
Posted by noah23 on 10/9/2013 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by runnrun on 10/9/2013 6:12:00 PM (view original):
You still need to fix passing. Penn St and Ohio State the 1 and 2 teams played today. Ohio St had a receiver with 21 receptions and 329 yards. That is totally out of whack.
Have you seen my DII Oklahoma Panhandle State team? (Argento)
http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/TeamProfile/Stats.aspx?tid=353

QB Timothy Jones 591/869 8427 Yards 102 TD's 12 Int's

WR

Reese 123 Receptions 2133 Yards

Graham 122 Receptions 1857 Yards

RB Orr 124 Receptions 1624 Yards

TE Turner 84 Receptions 1485 Yards

RB Simmons 115 Receptions 1264 Yards

10/9/2013 8:41 PM
This isn't ready-I'm guessing someone decided "release it and then fix it"-a current trend in comp gaming.

No turnovers by fumble (zero FF)-only int's.

So if you use an all run offense, you will not have to worry about turnovers.

Penalties and injuries not yet added.
10/10/2013 11:37 AM
I like the idea of a test season. Someone else mentioned freezing team status, I'll look into that too. I think those two combined would really help people get used to the new structures. 

I just finished up fumbles and interceptions (redone) and penalties this morning. I'll be adding those later today. 

I'm addressing all of the issues in Known Problems IV and Play By Play Oddities. 
Besides that, I'm working on a strategy to explain the talent and the formation information. Hopefully I can get that out soon after the release. 

The play by play will have a little bit more information on the lines, who is getting pressure. This will be something I'm fine tuning over the next couple of days/weeks along with the passing numbers. The osu, psu, and panhandle teams are not acceptable, these will be fixed. 

Funny story, last night I was thinking about adding penalties in with a 45% chance of occurring on each team, just to mess with you guys a bit (that idea was product of a few late work nights). This morning it didn't seem as funny so I didn't do it. 

10/10/2013 11:53 AM
Starter issue still isn't fixed.  I have to OL I promised starts to who have about the same playing time (more than 50% in most games) and are listed in the top 5 for every depth chart.  One is happy that he's now playing, the other is royally PO'ed.  

In today's game (Syracuse vs Temple) 343 total yards to 332 total yards (343 passing) in the 1st half is a bit much.
10/10/2013 12:17 PM
3.0 gets one shot with me. If they implement this and its bad, I'm done. I don't believe they should release what they have. Still too many problems. We shall see.

10/10/2013 12:33 PM (edited)
The osu, psu and panhandle teams would be just fine if you fixed STA and fatigue across the board (not just for the QB).  This used to be a huge element in gameplay with substitutions and declining effectiveness of players.  This really needs to be added to the game before you make any decision on unrealistic games or players.

Please add back fatigue before making rules targeting specific positions again.
10/10/2013 12:50 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/10/2013 12:33:00 PM (view original):
The osu, psu and panhandle teams would be just fine if you fixed STA and fatigue across the board (not just for the QB).  This used to be a huge element in gameplay with substitutions and declining effectiveness of players.  This really needs to be added to the game before you make any decision on unrealistic games or players.

Please add back fatigue before making rules targeting specific positions again.
Oh, I agree entirely, tho the OPSU team throws to 6 different receivers and would be increased more with more fatigue, but you are right the majority of the problem is fatigue. 
10/10/2013 1:10 PM
good point guys. I'll set up some tests today for fatigue as well. 

mgm0461, I found your discrepancy with starters. The previous method calculated starters after the first half. For the most part, this is not much different than the whole game, but for an offensive line that gets rotated so much Tyler played more in the second half than in the first, and didn't get the credit. I've made the change so that the starters are marked after the entire game and not just the first half (going in with the other changes now). Also, I'm looking into ways to make it more visible on who gets the start, maybe something extra in the play by play. 

10/10/2013 3:00 PM
Any chance the game statistics could be expanded to the format the test games use? This way we could at least see if our receivers are running the right routes, our QB's are targeting the right distances, our defenders are making solo tackles or getting assists (which, according to the test games are way too low) and maybe throw in some kick/punt return stats so we can compare talent for returners and not just go by ratings? I know it's a lot to ask for, but I think it will make a huge difference when it comes to evaluating talent in the absence of a meaningful interpretation of the player ratings.
10/10/2013 11:44 PM

Hmm. We should get to keep our Conference Championships and National Championships as reward for testing the beta. Add them to the user profile that list out the records.

When this 3.0 rolls to the current worlds will we start fresh on everything like season 1 of the beta worlds were or am I going to have to start rebuilding a team in the current worlds just to play 3.0? I'm really thinking the Worlds should be rebooted. Keep the records intact and what not but let everyone start at the same level season 1 of 3.0

10/11/2013 12:33 AM
Posted by secret_agent on 10/10/2013 11:44:00 PM (view original):

Hmm. We should get to keep our Conference Championships and National Championships as reward for testing the beta. Add them to the user profile that list out the records.

When this 3.0 rolls to the current worlds will we start fresh on everything like season 1 of the beta worlds were or am I going to have to start rebuilding a team in the current worlds just to play 3.0? I'm really thinking the Worlds should be rebooted. Keep the records intact and what not but let everyone start at the same level season 1 of 3.0

+1. Also I was hoping we would get a little bit of time to test non engine stuff or make some suggestions. Is it possible to get sims to follow a budget in recruiting?
10/11/2013 2:08 AM
I think the best reward for Beta testers would be the ability to import settings from the Beta world into the "real" worlds.  One button click and you are ready to go!  Team would be set up just like your Beta team (minus the roster of course).  

I think the engine has come a long ways in the last few weeks, but I am really suprised this is going live so soon with kicker playing %s still off, sacks so high, starter issue still lingering, no blocked kicks and a host of other sticky issues.  These things need to be resolved before money is charged!!  
10/11/2013 9:43 AM
In my game yesterday (Oct. 10  Syracuse vs Temple in Argento), there was a phantom TD credited to Syracuse after they scored the winning TD in OT.
10/11/2013 10:51 AM
In my game yesterday (Oct. 10  Syracuse vs Temple in Argento), there was a phantom TD credited to Syracuse after they scored the winning TD in OT.
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.