All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread
10/8/2013 11:40 AM
Ok, here is the open thread. I'll be checking and replying as much as I can. Also though, I still have a ton of cleanup and bug fixes to do over the next 2-3 weeks. I'm excited, and I hope that all of you are too. 

I know that some of you are going to have some things to say, so hear is the thread to let your voice be heard. 

Thanks everyone. 

10/8/2013 12:14 PM
I'm shocked.

Just tried (again) to import one playbook to another-IT DOES NOT WORK.

If something as basic as that doesn't work, then I have zero expectations for the actual release.
10/8/2013 1:02 PM
I couldn't get the import to work either so I had to copy a playbook.
10/8/2013 1:16 PM
The OT gameplan setting is not working properly.  In my game vs Iowa St, it never kicked in. You may want to look into it.
10/8/2013 1:50 PM
Thanks guys. I'm not sure what the issue is with Importing. I'll make sure that gets fixed. 

I can assure you that these will be fixed.

The team is focused on fixing bugs over the next two weeks. I'm creating a ticket for both of these. 

10/8/2013 2:53 PM
Is there an option between 2.0 and 3.0 or is it 3.0 or don't play?
10/8/2013 3:15 PM
I'm still having issues with plays ending before a tackle is recorded and the next play is started with 0 yards gained.  Please see the [Play by Play Oddities] thread.
10/8/2013 3:46 PM
You better get a tight hold of this horse oriole because you still have a LONG way to go to get this plowhorse fit for the track!
10/8/2013 5:28 PM
Absolutely, I have a long way to go with the final results. I know you can't see inside the code, but I'm much further along than you can see. My schedule will be tight, but I'm confident that the engine that comes out of this will be clean. 

For the Play by Play, I'm missing a couple of keys, and I'm adding a few more things in on the play by play. I'll make sure these come out correctly by the end. 

The 3.0 version will replace the 2.0 version.

10/8/2013 5:31 PM
WIll we be able to transfer our settings (game plans, practice plans, etc.) from Beta to 3.0?
10/8/2013 5:48 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/8/2013 5:32:00 PM (view original):
WIll we be able to transfer our settings (game plans, practice plans, etc.) from Beta to 3.0?
+1000 that would help tremendously
10/8/2013 8:01 PM
Will we be able to delete game plans as we can just now and start afresh if we want to ? .I can't delete any of the plans I have made up . I can edit them , but not delete.
10/8/2013 10:22 PM
Are fumbles and penalties going to be added?  What will decide whether a fumble or penalty happens?  Will they be tested in beta or just rolled out in 3.0?  
10/8/2013 10:34 PM
You're releasing an engine that isn't ready in beta, and maybe wasn't even ready *for* beta?  So much for appropriate testing procedures and quality control.  Good luck....and yikes!
10/8/2013 10:44 PM
Posted by slid64er on 10/8/2013 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Are fumbles and penalties going to be added?  What will decide whether a fumble or penalty happens?  Will they be tested in beta or just rolled out in 3.0?  
Because of the huge potential for this to "break" things-----  + Infinity x 2.  

October 16 is just barely over a week away.  That's not much time to introduce something fairly substantial to the game and thoroughly play test it.
of 4
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Gridiron Dynasty 3.0 Beta Open Thread

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.