All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > oriole...a question on blitzing
10/17/2013 7:58 AM
I'm much more defensive oriented as a coach and like a high pressure defense. Have you decided yet if there will be a way to blitz more than one player? 

Honestly, if not, it takes away the 3-4 as a viable defense as played in RL. The main reason I run a 3-4 with my RL team is to bring pressure to the opposing team, but when you only have 3 linemen and can only blitz one it makes the 3-4 a very conservative def. At the end of the day the most players you are able to bring are 4. I can adjust but it would sure be easier to play a pressure "D" if we could blitz at least three (3) players!
10/17/2013 1:17 PM (edited)
Actually....You *can* actually bring as many as 8 in one play with a 3-4. Same with a 4-3. Its notable that with many of my teams I get so much pressure with my DL that I don't use the more aggressive formations except on obvious running downs. 
10/18/2013 4:23 AM
How do you bring 8? From what I understand if we set more than 1 to blitz it means that each will have a chance of blitzing but only 1 actually blitzes. Am I wrong? 
10/18/2013 7:25 AM
I suppose you could set all of the LB to choose "LINE" instead of "COVER" - not sure if that would actually bring more pressure to bear in the game engine.
10/18/2013 7:42 AM
The way I understand it setting "LINE" causes that player to play closer to or at the line but does not make him blitz.
10/18/2013 11:20 AM
Setting "line" makes him act much the same way as the defensive line does. They do not drop in coverage, they attempt to get penetration and stop the run/rush the pass. I get more sacks from LB when I have them set to line. Tho, honestly, I don't do it much. 
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > oriole...a question on blitzing

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.