Pete Rose World is looking for a few good owners for Season 26. This is a good, drama-free world. Only two private world rules (listed below). Here are the franchises that are available:
- Hartford (NL North) -- This once proud franchise that won the first ever WS in Pete Rose World has fallen on hard times and not made the playoffs in 10 years. However, this has allowed the franchise to stockpile talent in the minors and majors. This franchise will pick #12 in the S26 Rule 4 draft. Only $29M under contract for this year.
- Durham (AL East) -- This team had the #1 overall pick in the S25 Rule 4 draft and will have the #3 overall pick in the S26 Rule 4 draft. Has talent in the minors. This team is in the middle of a rebuild, but with draft pick position and talented minor league system is well-poised for long-term success. Only $34M under contract for S26.
- Santa Fe (AL South) – Winner of the AL South last year and owner of last year’s MVP in 29 YO 2B Denard Milton (47 HR and .997 OPS). For the owner looking to immediately compete, this is the team for you.
- St. Louis (AL West) -- Last year was a second down year in St. Louis with a 71-91 record and will pick #9 in the in the S26 Rule 4 draft and has a comp pick at #20 for failure to sign its S25 first rounder. But, in seasons 21-24, the franchise is coming off a three year run with records of 107-55, 96-66 and 96-66, and many of the key contributors are still on the team, all of whom are relatively young. Only $43M under contract for next year.
- Tacoma (AL West) – Home to 5-time Cy Young award winner and 9-time All-Star Wandy Perez, who somehow is still only 32 years old and may have posted his best year last year with a 2.61 ERA and 1.05 WHIP, but was punished by the Cy voters who bowed to the all-mighty win. The rest of Tacoma did not do so well as it finished with a 65-97 record last year, but will pick #6 in the S26 Rule 4 draft.
Here are the private world rules:
- RULE A: Any money dealt in a trade cannot exceed the salary still owed on that season to the player(s) involved. Ex: If Team A is dealing a player owed $3 Mil, Team A can include no more than $3 Mil in the deal. A league vote will be held at season's end as to whether the offending owner will be allowed to retain their membership in PRW for the following season. The commissioner's vote will serve as tie-breaker.
- RULE B: All owners are required to win 30% of their games on the Major League level to retain membership in PRW. If an owner wins less than 30% of their games in a season, then a vote of those owners returning to the league for the following season shall be taken. A plurality of votes shall determine whether the owner is able to return. In the event of a tie, the commissioner's vote shall be the tiebreaker.
Thanks for reading and hopefully, you're ready to join Pete Rose World! If you're interested, please send me a sitemail.