All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty > D3 Quarterback Stats Comparison
11/24/2013 8:38 PM
My D3 quarterback, last season vs this season stats.  (Michael Whitaker, Wilkinson, D3, Rose-Hulman)

Note:  This guys starts and most of his playing time last season were in the CC game and Playoffs.

Even though the engine changed, I think we have a very similar passing game from an All Shotgun attack.  The OL is a little bit worse this season vs last.  When taking the level of competition into account, I'd say that the yardage is a bit less than I would have expected under the 2.0 engine.  He has also scrambled for some big gains, which did not happen before (ask helgi about that).

The only real items that stick out, is the number of INTs and Sacks.  Clearly DBs and defenses in general did not get worse regarding INTs.  My OL is not that much worse to be giving up so many more sacks.

Year GP GS Comp Att % Yds TD Int S Thr Scr Rush Yds Avg TD 20+ Lg St
5th Year Senior 16 16 343 569 60.3 3740 38 1 30 30 26 32 328 10.3 1 3 71 0
Senior 18 5 342 562 60.9 3889 41 12 18 25 34 67 99 1.5 0 1 38 18

11/24/2013 9:51 PM
I would do the same thing, but I largely completely changed my offense this year so its not a fair comparison.
11/27/2013 11:54 AM
I can't really speculate on GD mechanics, but a change like this in real life reflects better decision making on the part of the QB. Learning when to take the sack and when to force a throw is a big part of development for a QB. After all, isn't it almost 99% better to take the sack than throw a pick? It does seem, however, that such a big change between years 4 and 5 is a bit much.

It could also be a factor in the teams you played having better front sevens and DBs with frying pans for hands.
11/27/2013 2:12 PM
Rice:  I see what you are saying, but my QB is not an anomaly...this just illustrates what is happening across the entire game.  I'm not necessarily saying its good or bad...but the engine changed, and some of the outcomes changed along with it.  
11/27/2013 2:17 PM
Then you have some good stats showing the initial lack (at least) of interceptions in 3.0. My world is close to the CC and interceptions seem to be back. My DBs, which were good ball-hawks last year, were getting nothing at the beginning of the year and have combined for 8 in the last 3 weeks.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty > D3 Quarterback Stats Comparison

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.