All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > XYZ 1942-1992 Double Progressive Needs 2
12/17/2013 9:45 AM
RULES

-$100m cap

-No waiver wire, no DH

-Two below average AAA-pitchers to be used as trade filler only

-Draft followed by an add/drop period

-Must win 30 by 120 to be eligible for 4-team lottery

-Players drafted that year may NOT be dropped or released

-Stadiums exclusive and must be in use during one of the two years being simmed

-No rent-a-player deals allowed

-No in-season trades that would put a team over the $100m payroll allowed

-Draft picks may be traded up to, but no farther than, five seasons in the future

-When an owner’s stadium expires and is no longer eligible for use, the owner must select a new stadium. A list of eligible stadiums will be posted in the draft thread.Prior to the draft owners with expiring stadiums will select, in draft order, a new stadium from that list. Unselected, eligible stadiums will be available to everyone, and may be drafted in lieu of a player or added during the add/drop phase. Eligible stadiums will be treated as ‘dropped,’ and may be added by another owner. To guard against stadium hopping, teams must play in their stadium for a minimum of five seasons, or until the stadium is no longer eligible.
1/8/2014 12:11 PM (edited)

TEAM #1 - Baltimore (Drafts 11th)
Camden Yards

C Harry Danning, Jake Early
1B Nick Etten
2B Lonney Frey
3B Dick Bartell, Pinky May
SS Shawn Dunston
OF Dom Dallesandro, Eric Davis, Terry Moore, Robin Yount

P Chris Bosio, Hugh Casey, Jim Deshaies, Rob Dibble, Brian Harvey, Kirby Higbe, Bill Lee, Van Mungo, Donn Pall, Johnny Vander Meer, Bucky Walters

IR
C Jeff Reed (until 1993)
3B Cookie Lavagetto (until 1946)

1/8/2014 12:11 PM (edited)
TEAM 2: Surekill NonExpressway Orphans (drafts 12th)
Veterans Stadium

C - Frankie Hayes, Mike Sciosioa
1B - Randy Milligan, Mo Vaughn
2B - Lou Whitaker
3B - Dave Magaden
SS - Travis Fryman, Jose Vizcaino
OF Jay Buhenr, Brett Butler, Howard Johnson, Kevin McReynolds, Joe Medwick

P Paul Assenmacher, Mark Gardner, Bill Gullickson, Greg Harris (Padres), Mike Jackson, Al Javery, Thorton Lee, Jose Melendez, Melido Perez, Greg Swindell,   Alejandro Pena
12/18/2013 1:36 PM (edited)
Posted by drbernabo on 12/18/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):
TEAM 2: Brookline Beaneaters (drafts 23rd)
Braves Field

Current owner has submitted these keepers for next season.  Team won over 100 games this season that is finishing up.

C - Mike LaValliere 
1B - Jeff Bagwell 
2B - Keith Miller 
3B - Bret Barberie, Wade Boggs, Jeff King 
SS - Ozzie Smith
OF - Darrin Jackson, Shane Mack, Mel Ott, Phil Plantier

P - Kevin Appier, Boom Boom Beck, Rod Beck, Andy Benes, Jack McDowell, Jeff Montgomery, Whit Wyatt

IR - none

Acquired Picks in rounds 2 and 3

Hasn't the owner for this team only been here one season. What happen to a minimum 5 season commitment? I thought that was pretty much expected when you join a league?

I've been babysitting Massachusettes for 5 seasons and will never get an owner for that team if owners keep coming in for 1 season.
12/19/2013 12:39 AM
Posted by rooskie on 12/18/2013 1:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by drbernabo on 12/18/2013 12:52:00 PM (view original):
TEAM 2: Brookline Beaneaters (drafts 23rd)
Braves Field

Current owner has submitted these keepers for next season.  Team won over 100 games this season that is finishing up.

C - Mike LaValliere 
1B - Jeff Bagwell 
2B - Keith Miller 
3B - Bret Barberie, Wade Boggs, Jeff King 
SS - Ozzie Smith
OF - Darrin Jackson, Shane Mack, Mel Ott, Phil Plantier

P - Kevin Appier, Boom Boom Beck, Rod Beck, Andy Benes, Jack McDowell, Jeff Montgomery, Whit Wyatt

IR - none

Acquired Picks in rounds 2 and 3

Hasn't the owner for this team only been here one season. What happen to a minimum 5 season commitment? I thought that was pretty much expected when you join a league?

I've been babysitting Massachusettes for 5 seasons and will never get an owner for that team if owners keep coming in for 1 season.
We did not get a new owner for the team last season.  Somebody already in the league agreed to babysit the team for one season.
12/19/2013 11:11 AM
Well then kudos to that owner and someone come and rescue us from the two team scenario. Join a great league that will be hitting the 50's in a few seasons along with heading into the 2000's. Great matchups and players ahead!
12/26/2013 11:40 PM
World Series is over and we're looking for three new owners so we can get going with the draft for the next exciting season.  Come, play with us.
12/28/2013 11:51 PM
Now, just need two new owners.
12/31/2013 7:57 PM
I will take Massachussetts Minutemen..
1/2/2014 10:09 PM
Posted by topkat on 12/31/2013 7:57:00 PM (view original):
I will take Massachussetts Minutemen..
I will add you to the forum.
All Forums > SimLeague Baseball > Progressive Theme League Classifieds > XYZ 1942-1992 Double Progressive Needs 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.