Strat-O-Matic online (not the Windows game, though it is based on that) is the closest thing to WIS, it has some advantages and disadvantages compared to WIS. I prefer WIS though, primarily due to -
- WIS lower price, I think around $10 cheaper for one team
- WIS more realistic fatigue system, while it's certainly not perfect it works a lot better than SOMO, where modern day relievers can pitch well over 100+ innings and SP's with over 200 IP's in real life can pitch on 3 days rest all season. Position players are rated for injuries, sometimes it comes out close to real life, other times you will see a limited use player in real life end up with 500-600 ab's.
- In SOMO it's very difficult to get 24 team leagues to fill, most of the leagues are 12 team leagues (12 and 24 are the only options).
- The WIS player search engine is way better than SOMO's.
- While there are lots of progressive leagues in SOMO, Strat does nothing to support them.
I also play in some Strat Windows leagues, those are fun and more in-depth than WIS but require a commish who does a lot of work importing managers, exporting league files, etc. Two other similar games are Action PC Baseball (Dave Koch Sports), and Dynasty League Baseball. Again, they are fun and depending on the how the league is run more realisic than WIS, but they require more time and effort than WIS.
Edit - I'm not excusing WIS for their inaction, and if they don't start generating some good faith soon they will lose a lot of people, but unfortunately this is probably the best baseball sim of it's kind if you are looking for strictly an online game that does not require much time and effort.