1/9/2014 1:53 PM
Posted by chisox378 on 1/9/2014 1:33:00 PM (view original):
I was always confused about this: under  Player Hierarchies should we put our starters under the 1 column?

If you mean the "player rest" hierarchy, then the answer is It doesn't really matter.  Sparky uses the player hierarchies when the starter needs to be rested for some reason.  If he looks at the list and the first player is that same player, he'll just move on to the next one.

1/9/2014 11:48 PM
This is the best newb advice I have ever read.  Well done.
1/10/2014 9:52 AM
Posted by contrarian23 on 1/9/2014 1:53:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chisox378 on 1/9/2014 1:33:00 PM (view original):
I was always confused about this: under  Player Hierarchies should we put our starters under the 1 column?

If you mean the "player rest" hierarchy, then the answer is It doesn't really matter.  Sparky uses the player hierarchies when the starter needs to be rested for some reason.  If he looks at the list and the first player is that same player, he'll just move on to the next one.

Ok I think I got it, thank you again!
1/13/2014 6:57 PM (edited)
Great post contrarian23.......I've been on this site for 10 years and still learned a lot from this thread...
1/24/2014 8:16 AM
Forgive me if I missed this topic explained in your outline (which has been invaluable thus far), but I'm wondering how much attention I need to pay to the % for my players.  What I mean is if I hover over their stamina rating it will tell me that a player is on pace for 3% more PAs or 5% more IP and that they are overworked.  Do I need to keep that number in a certain range?  What happens when I get a player that is %15 or more over his allotted PAs or IPs?

Thanks, 

RDP
1/24/2014 8:44 AM
There are some good threads on that topic - though no definitive right answer.  Look in my "Celebrating the best of the SLB Forum" thread for some links.  And do a forum search for "fatigue" and you'll get a variety of perspectives.
2/20/2014 11:59 PM
Thanks for taking the time to do this. Very helpful, and well written. I'm sure it's going to help me avoid some rookie mistakes.
3/6/2014 8:45 AM
Something that is notably missing from this thread is a good overview of how defense works in the SIM...any of my intrepid fellow owners interested in putting together a summary of that topic?  Defensive spectrum, range vs fielding, playing players out of position, how fielding normalization works, etc?
3/7/2014 10:26 AM
The person who was studying defense the most that I know of was our late friend pfattkatt.
3/10/2014 7:14 PM
Range +/- plays
To the left is a chart estimating the expected +/- plays in a full season
A+ 30   for OF, 3B, 2B, SS,1B. Keep in mind that ballpark, salary cap, quality
A 25   of pitchers, fatigue, etc can influence these numbers.
A- 20   Unless you play a catcher out of position, don't expect any +/- plays.
B+ 15   Fielding grades for 1B and C are almost meaningless. In general,
B 10   neither will make many errors.
B- 5    
C+ 0    
C -6    
C- -12    
D+ -18    
D -24    
D- -30    
of 2

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.